Page 1 of 2
Hey,

I've noticed something about my speech after a while... I stutter.
It's weird though, because it doesn't always happen. It seems to only happen when I start a sentence, or I come to certain words. If I'm talking to friends or myself, I'm fine, but when I'm around other people, even my dad.
It's possibly nervousness, but when I'm speaking in public or something I'm fine. So i'm quite confused.
Anyone know anything that I could do that might help improve my speech?
Quote by tyler_j
Hey,

I've noticed something about my speech after a while... I stutter.
It's weird though, because it doesn't always happen. It seems to only happen when I start a sentence, or I come to certain words. If I'm talking to friends or myself, I'm fine, but when I'm around other people, even my dad.
It's possibly nervousness, but when I'm speaking in public or something I'm fine. So i'm quite confused.
Anyone know anything that I could do that might help improve my speech?

Eat more lemons.
I have a slight stutter also.
Best advise I ever had was if it is only slight is to ignore it. It doesnt bother others, and worst things you can do is let it damage your confidence.
Quote by tyler_j
Could work...

Look, are you going to waste your time, and other's for that matter, slowing down your speech?

Just eat a damn lemon already. It won't slow down your conversations and people won't lose interest in your conversations because of it.

In fact, chicks love a dude that can eat a lemon. I know, from experience.
yeah...i know what you mean, but i only stutter when i'm really nervous but when i'm in front of everyone else, i have a little lisp...ha ha, it does make sentences interesting though
TS, my appologies. Have rung a doctor friend and guess what he said?
Eat teh lemonz. Soulfly was right!
Quote by InvaderTSN
Shout these phrases out in the order written.

"How much is the fish?"

"How much is the chips?"

"How much is the fish?"

"Does the fish have chips?"

I don't know how it will help you, but it'll be pretty damn funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-PmQ3dFQvs
how does eating a lemon help?

to help with speech, know what you are going to say before you say it, breathe, and speak slowly and clearly.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I have a slight stutter, I try not to let it bother me. My father has a stammer also, He used to really suffer from it but after speech therapy it's been improved a hell of a lot.

Bottom line A stutter isn't the worst speech impediment you can have, I really wouldn't let it bother you really. Because if you you'll just bash your confidence.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
how does eating a lemon help?

to help with speech, know what you are going to say before you say it, breathe, and speak slowly and clearly.

Well, I'm no scientist, but maybe you just need the nerves to go away. And to get rid of nerves you must feel manly.

And what doesn't feel manly about eating a lemon? You conquered natures nastiest fruit! You're ready to take on the world!
Quote by soulflyV
Well, I'm no scientist, but maybe you just need the nerves to go away. And to get rid of nerves you must feel manly.

And what doesn't feel manly about eating a lemon? You conquered natures nastiest fruit! You're ready to take on the world!

*sniff sniff* your the smartest milk cartan ive ever known
Take speech therapy AND eat lemons at the same time!

Then you will have POWER SPEECH!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Gouge your eyes out and eat a beaver. Then, when the moon is full, sacrifice a virgin to your Lord Satan and bathe in a pool blood vinegar until your smell repulses anyone that comes near. Do this, and you will stutter no more.
I have the exact same problem and i dont know what you can do really. I think it generally happens when someone puts a little pressure on me....especially with older people they make me really nervous for some reason. The only thing I can think of is speech therapy, i haven't tried it but i've considered it in the past.
Quote by Copilot911
I thought this thread was about the Kiss song Strutter

Same.
Who actually listens to kiss anymore?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by soulflyV

I disagree. I would have to say an unripe passion fruit is natures nastiest.
I drank the sour, neon green juice inside.

Threw up for 36 hours straight, couldn't sleep, and had a lovely trip the the ER.
They wouldn't even tell me what was wrong.
Quote by titsmcgee852

Who the hell listens to muse or the arctic monkeys?
Quote by titsmcgee852

A lot of people....They were/are one of the most recognised bands ever....and their music actually has some relevance still!

In contribution to the thread, I have a slight stutter also. Sometimes I will be saying something and not be able to get one of the words out. It is rather annoying. I'm not sure how to get rid of it though.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
sing your speech.. its what they teachstuttering people
it better not be a speech at a funural

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by dylpikle9
I disagree. I would have to say an unripe passion fruit is natures nastiest.
I drank the sour, neon green juice inside.

Threw up for 36 hours straight, couldn't sleep, and had a lovely trip the the ER.
They wouldn't even tell me what was wrong.

You drank the neon green juice?

um....oops!
Quote by InvaderTSN
Shout these phrases out in the order written.

"How much is the fish?"

"How much is the chips?"

"How much is the fish?"

"Does the fish have chips?"

I don't know how it will help you, but it'll be pretty damn funny.

swing big bottoms?!?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by lceman13
Who the hell listens to muse or the arctic monkeys?

... A challanger appears...

Touche.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
... A challanger appears...

Touche.

I assume your username is from Anchorman?
It's only the best movie.. EVAR. so, yes.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by SmarterChild
T-t-th-th-t-that's p-p-pr-pretty w-w-weird.

Thats a stammer...
Stutter is slightly different...

and what does eating lemons hafta do with this?
Is that like a new meme or something?
Page 1 of 2