so is there a real difference besides the obvious (pickups) in these guitars?....is it all the accessories that make the rr1 more expensive...ie. pickguard, case, two pickups?...the 24 would fit my style and needs better but wondering why the rr1 is so much more expensive...and if its really better
P.S. im and active guy and dont want to hear about the pickups
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
A lot of the price of the RR1 comes from the fact that it's US made. Plus it comes with other snazzy upgrades like nicer inlays, neck pickup (kind of a big deal), etc...

Mostly because of build quality though...
a thousand dollars.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
[quote="T!AN, neck pickup (kind of a big deal, [/QUOTE"]
not for me...id rather not have one...i want this to be a complete metal guitar...taking the emg out and putting a blackout in
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jul 4, 2008,
^ As an owner of a bridge pickup only guitar I get what you mean. I feel that way too sometimes where i just say, "**** versatility, I want metal!"

Just as long as you know what you're getting yourself into, the RR24 sounds like a good fit for you. Make sure you play it before hand because it can be a pain to hit that 24th fret. The neck joint isn't the most amazing...
Quote by T!AN
^ As an owner of a bridge pickup only guitar I get what you mean. I feel that way too sometimes where i just say, "**** versatility, I want metal!"

Just as long as you know what you're getting yourself into, the RR24 sounds like a good fit for you. Make sure you play it before hand because it can be a pain to hit that 24th fret. The neck joint isn't the most amazing...

and as you can see i have other guitars if i want a neck pickup..u own a rr right?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
so is there a real difference besides the obvious (pickups) in these guitars?

JK

well, one has 24 frets, one has 22. Also, the RR1 has neck binding, and I don't thenk the RR24 does.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by twinturboaudi
and as you can see i have other guitars if i want a neck pickup..u own a rr right?

Nope I'm just obsessed with them, lol. Even in the classical position, I'm not that comfortable with them, but I might just say screw it and get one anyway one of these days...

My sig says PRS fund, but really there are at least a half dozen guitars I'm considering purchasing. The important thing is that I save money for a full year without touching it so I have enough to get any guitar/amp I want before I head off to Uni...
oh ok....i think id be paying for something i dont need by getting a rr1
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15