Dear UG,

I have been conscripted, and tomorrow shall be my first day in the National Guard here in Cyprus.

What are some things that you have been forced to do that you haven't wanted to do?

Yours,

Sam
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
****. Thats bad. Think yourself lucky your not currently engaged in war with anyone.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
I was forced to take a stupid 'General Studies' exam which meant I ended up doing 5 A Levels and I had no time to myself.
Yeah, what is it with that? At least general studies is easy
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
General studies is the stupidest thing ever, most universities specifically say they don't regard it as an A-level in their offers.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by turtlewax
Yeah, what is it with that? At least general studies is easy

At my 5th Form college we had this stupid rule where we had to take the A2 if we got above a C in the AS.....I was already taking 4 A Levels (French, Ancient History, Law and Psychology) which meant OVERLOAD!
Nothing I couldn't deal with.
How long is the conscription in Cyprus? I think it's 2 years, but i'm probably wrong. Anyway, hope that you don't have to go to war in that time and you have a good time.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
At my 5th Form college we had this stupid rule where we had to take the A2 if we got above a C in the AS.....I was already taking 4 A Levels (French, Ancient History, Law and Psychology) which meant OVERLOAD!

I got an A in the AS. Dropped it though, obviously, because it is a useless crock of shit.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
um....oops!

I was forced to eat my PUMPKIN once.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
i was born.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Cut off a finger or too and they'll let you off conscription man. Better than dying.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Wait, you were FORCED to join a military/navy organization? If that ever happened to me I would move to canada, live off the grid. Seriously. No one has a right to put you in a potential warfaring position, I would be pissed.

I don't allow myself to be forced to do anything.(occasionally I pay the price for being stubborn though.)

My parents never could run my life, and neither will anyone else.
Quote by ss311
Dear UG,

I have been conscripted, and tomorrow shall be my first day in the National Guard here in Cyprus.

What are some things that you have been forced to do that you haven't wanted to do?

Yours,

Sam

Why I left Russia.
Well, the National Guard in Cyprus is only extremely difficult in certain fields. I'm not signing up for the kind of stuff that demands a note from your parents to say they won't hold the army responsible for (fatal) injury.

I'll be in for 24 months it seems.

I cannot leave the country because I don't have a passport. There is no point in renewing it because I would be stopped as a fugitive at the airport or the port.

I shall of course try to make the best of it, whether that transpires by making friends, or learning to cope in conditions that (relatively) few people put up with in the Western World.