im fixing up an american fender start for a friend and as im a bass player you will have to excuse me for not knowing exactly the name of the part that is missing. its the small spring things that are at the bottom were you would put the strings through. theres six of them. i have a spare set however on this strat the holes do not line up. where i screw them in at the back the holes facing up where the strings would come up through do not line up. im sorry if this is hard to understand but if anyone can help me with this i will attempt to get the point across more clearly. i was wondering if fender strats have specific springy part bits and thats why.
It sounds like you are talking about the floyd rose. Those aren't supposed to be lined up, they are there to set your intonation.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Jul 4, 2008,
but the strings will not go through, if u look at the guitar face up the string holes are all to the right of were the floyd rose hole is. i have a cheap squire next to it and they line up
You mean the fine tuners?
Do they look like this;
EDIT: Or saddles or whatever they're called
Last edited by Aleene at Jul 4, 2008,
he said springs, i think you'll find he's talking about the saddles, oh yeah and that's more probable because WHAT KIND OF STANDARD FENDER STRATOCASTER COMES WITH A FLOYD ROSE. I'm afraid you'll probably have to order the correct parts from fender or online, i'm not experienced with building guitars but i'm pretty sure it'd be a bitch to sort out otherwise.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by dark_gilbert
he said springs, i think you'll find he's talking about the saddles, oh yeah and that's more probable because WHAT KIND OF STANDARD FENDER STRATOCASTER COMES WITH A FLOYD ROSE. I'm afraid you'll probably have to order the correct parts from fender or online, i'm not experienced with building guitars but i'm pretty sure it'd be a bitch to sort out otherwise.

yeh its the saddles i will look into ordering them online cheers everybody
good luck man,
hope your friend is worth it haha
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.