To tell whether you have a solid back and sides on your guitar rather than laminated?

Tim
The easiest way is to look up the specifications of your guitar on the guitar maker's website.
It's a Tanglewood TF-8,I think the top's solid,I doubt the back and sides are. I'd also like to know for future reference,though
hmmm oh well. It's still a nice instrument, so is there a way I can tell just by looking at it?
^--With the top you can usually tell by looking at the edge of the soundhole. As for the back and sides, I cant tell just by looking. Perhaps others with a better eye for it probably could. I suppose if there were distinctive markings in the wood grain, they would continue all the way through and you might be able to tell by comparing the inside/outside. Thats nothing more than a theory though as Ive never seen it put to practice. Such distinctive markings are probably gonna be few and far between anyway.
Quote by tom183
^--With the top you can usually tell by looking at the edge of the soundhole. As for the back and sides, I cant tell just by looking. Perhaps others with a better eye for it probably could. I suppose if there were distinctive markings in the wood grain, they would continue all the way through and you might be able to tell by comparing the inside/outside. Thats nothing more than a theory though as Ive never seen it put to practice. Such distinctive markings are probably gonna be few and far between anyway.

Actually I was gonna post this. The guy at the music shop was showing me how to do that, so that's one way you can tell.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
they will always state "solid wood"
if not stated, then its laminated.
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!