2 months ago,I decided to enrol myself into a music school because I bumped into a 'wall' again.This guy teaches me,but I don't know if he's just eating my money.So far,he has been teaching me this:

Scales
Chords
Songs(Haven't finished teaching a whole song though)
How to apply scales to write songs
Jam(He plays a certain chord progression and I solo)

Is this what I should be learning?He's into rock, blues and jazz but I'm more into metal and shred.He's not into shred though,says that anyone can shred.Kinda find him a bit of an ass after he said that.Please help.I don't wanna learn that he's just wasting my time because the fees are pretty high for me too.What should I ask him to teach me?I've once asked him to teach me theory and he asked me to learn the notes on the fretboard and memorize the names of the weird 'zeros' on the music lines.I can't remember what's it called though.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
2 months ago,I decided to enrol myself into a music school because I bumped into a 'wall' again.This guy teaches me,but I don't know if he's just eating my money.So far,he has been teaching me this:

Scales
Chords
Songs(Haven't finished teaching a whole song though)
How to apply scales to write songs
Jam(He plays a certain chord progression and I solo)

Is this what I should be learning?He's into rock, blues and jazz but I'm more into metal and shred.He's not into shred though,says that anyone can shred.Kinda find him a bit of an ass after he said that.Please help.I don't wanna learn that he's just wasting my time because the fees are pretty high for me too.What should I ask him to teach me?I've once asked him to teach me theory and he asked me to learn the notes on the fretboard and memorize the names of the weird 'zeros' on the music lines.I can't remember what's it called though.

You can't learn ANY theory until you first learn the notes on the fretboard so it sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Theory is theory - it's universal. However, metal is generally fairly complex so he's going to have to use simpler examples. And he's right , anyone can shred - it's not like it's a different instrument or that you need to do anything different. Ultimately all "shredding" boils down to is being very good at playing the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yep,I've learned the notes on the fretboard already but he still hasn't thought me any theory.Is it okay for me to ask him again?Don't wanna sound annoying to him...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
It's your money and time...tell him what you want to learn

That's what i do with mine even though i'm sure you are way ahead of me because i only started around a month ago
It sounds to me like you're almost expecting him to learn this stuff for you - the odd half hour lesson isn't enough to learn this stuff, you have to spend a fair amount of time studying on your own.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes, if you want to learn theory then ask him. The worst he can do is say no but if he is not going to teach you what you want to learn then why would you take lessons from him?

But like Mark said, you will also need to study on your own. There is a great columns and lessons section on UG so just look around there and try to expand your knowledge.
Metal is not an easy genre to play. Your guitar teacher seems good. You have to learn the basics first and build up to the tougher stuff. When I first started though, my guitar teacher had me make a list on songs I liked, and he listened to the songs and used riffs from metal songs to incorporate into my lessons.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I would ask him to shred and I bet that he will shut up.

I do that all the time and I get a good laugh becuase after I ask people that say that, oddly enough, they can't lol...
Hmm,it's good to know that I'm getting what my money's worth.Thanks guys.Will check out the lessons part of UG.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic