Hi
I have a long and boring school holidays coming.
Can you recomend me some software with links that is free to download the teachesthe basics of programming, application design, and other stuff.
I already got a tutorial application fo basic HTML and i got through it quickly.
Thanks in advance.

(Why? you ask, well i want to learn a lot more about computers as one dy i want to get a job for a company like microsoft, apple or google.)
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Just search for c++ tutorials, the code of games.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by jake_1234
Hi
I have a long and boring school holidays coming.
Can you recomend me some software with links that is free to download the teachesthe basics of programming, application design, and other stuff.
I already got a tutorial application fo basic HTML and i got through it quickly.
Thanks in advance.

(Why? you ask, well i want to learn a lot more about computers as one dy i want to get a job for a company like microsoft, apple or google.)

start off with python or php,

a good website for a total beginner that has never seen code would be
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

it might be a little easyer if you learn HTML first or something at a real low level to get the hang of coding stuff to get what you want.

if you want to use PHP then you will have to install it or get a server that runs php.
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Seriously, the programmers best tool is www.google.com, I have tried many a programming language before - PHP, C++, C, Visual Basic : P, Java, and more. And all of the stuff that I have learnt has come from google, you can't fail with a simple "[programming language] tutorial" search.

Feel free to add me if you wish.
Last edited by matth05 at Jul 4, 2008,
there are a lot of good books on this topic...search through amazon...I suggest getting C++ programming for the absolute beginner by Dirk Henkemans and Mark Lee
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by titsmcgee852

Why thankyou.

I don't feel I can add much to what's already been said, but this article on the Google workplace, and the comments on it may be of interest.

I do feel though that the "Sam's Teach yourself [insert language] in [x] hours" books are pretty good.

On wanting to work for the big IT companies, you'll NEED a degree in computing. Even positions for desktop support technicians have a degree in computing as a requirement, as well as several years of experience.

As matth05 above has said, feel free to add me too. I'm on relatively frequently and would be happy to help if I can!
Pretty much what everyone else said...

and...

Go to University, I did Programming 1 and 2 in my first semester, which was an odd experience, having the P1 lecturer tell me to do something one way, and then being told 2 hours later by the P2 lecturer it's easier another way...

Still: Degree = Any job you want...ever
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
char isLearning;
isLearning=(Reading>slackingOff&&Doing>Reading)?1:0;
if(isLearning) {
printf("%s", "Win");
}

EDIT: I'm going into my last year of a Comp Sci/Comp Eng program, right now I'm working for a company and doing programming and cubicles suck a lot . But ya I thought I knew it all, then went to school and boy there was a lot I didn't know that I thought I did.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Last edited by denn0069 at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by sirrjj
Just search for c++ tutorials, the code of games.

+1

I'm doing it over the holidays myself, surprisingly fun.
yeah C++ is a good one to learn, I also recommend learning C# and Visual Basic (which a very easy one to learn)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by i_play_guitar
If you're wanting to work for Microsoft etc a good place to start would probably be C++.

For an IDE and compiler I'd recommend Dev-C++, http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html.

+1.

C++ is also a great language that lets you do nearly anything.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
ok, sorry for disturbing the slumber of this mostly dead thread, but im learning C++ right now with the Standard C++ Bible, and i think thats really the way to go. Theres absolutley nothing you dont learn from that book.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.