Wrap it in bubble wrap and drop it in a bath full of water

On a serious note: you mean setting up the trem to float. For this, there should be many tutorials on the site
ohai little sig.
Im not really sure?
My best guess would be to take the screws out which are holding it in. Just keep the little things on each side at the front. Although the strings have to be the same tension as the springs so i dont really have any idea?
Good Luck
Sure, where are you now? I'll be round in five minutes :stickpoke
need to know the string size. and is it a strat? if it is or a strat type trem take of the trem cover should be 3 springs attached to a claw. if there are 5 springs remove 2. retune your guitar and the trem should be floating. use the screws on the claw to adjust to the proper height. retune and repeat till your trem is floating about a 1/8 of an inch. lube the nut string trees any place where the strings can bind. now play the guitar use the trem do some dive bombs and some pull ups and see if it stays in tune. if it doesn't. the object is to get all the strings to fall out of tune the the same way either sharp or flat it doesn't matter. then use the claw to fine tune the strings either loosen or tighten. your finding a balance between strings and springs. if the guitar is not properly strung it will not stay in tune.
Last edited by mmjohn at Jul 4, 2008,
mine floats with 5 springs and it's a fender style, really it depends on what string gauge you use and how stiff you want the action to be.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
mine floats with 5 springs and it's a fender style, really it depends on what string gauge you use and how stiff you want the action to be.

sure thicker string need more tension not always more springs........but thats why you guitar goes outta tune when you play it. incorrect balance.
Last edited by mmjohn at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Mazzakazza
First, you need a floating bridge.

Next, look at one of the tutorials on this site.

so...if i have a deatachable tremolo...it wont float?

And i opened it..and it has ONLY 3 springs all connected to the claw
Quote by reachammad
so...if i have a deatachable tremolo...it wont float?

And i opened it..and it has ONLY 3 springs all connected to the claw

he was sayin a floating trem like a FR or Wilkinson ect. you can setup a Fender style bridge to float too. you just have to ballence the tension so the bridge is 2-4 mm off the guitar body yet dosent go out off tune.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by mmjohn
sure thicker string need more tension not always more springs........but thats why you guitar goes outta tune when you play it. incorrect balance.

actually that guitar never goes out of tune, because I only use it for lighter clean stuff, my SG is the one that occasionally goes out of tune, and that's because I beat the shit out of it. But my strat copy is balanced just fine and has a very stiff action, which is what I prefer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by plucky duck
he was sayin a floating trem like a FR or Wilkinson ect. you can setup a Fender style bridge to float too. you just have to ballence the tension so the bridge is 2-4 mm off the guitar body yet dosent go out off tune.

OH ok thanx.
I'll try that later then.
Quote by Mazzakazza
First, you need a floating bridge.

Next, look at one of the tutorials on this site.

can you give me a link?
I tried all of it...but i think my bridge isnt stable enough for floating.

but thanks anyway
Quote by reachammad
I tried all of it...but i think my bridge isnt stable enough for floating.

but thanks anyway

then you're doing it wrong?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by ccatck
then you're doing it wrong?

Well...there is some problem in the claw...after I fix the springs to the right tuning. It comes off.

one of the screw just pop out all of a sudden..causing the claw to pop out.

Other then that....Its ready.
so i just put it back to normal.