I have started learning the song Jordan by Buckethead but I am having trouble with the tapping part of the solo. I have watched numerous videos on Youtube about 'finger nubbing' used in this part of the solo but I am having trouble hitting the notes cleanly. One video suggested palm muting the strings that you tap on but I cant get this to work. It only appears to be one finger I cant tap with (my ring finger) but i'm not sure why as no matter how hard I hammer-on to the string it doesn't seem to pick up enough of the sound. I could do the whole tapping part with one or two fingers but I wouldn't be able to keep up with the song. My amp is currently broken so I'm using a small 10w practice amp. It doesn't have a gain control on it so could this be part of the problem? I'm also trying to play it on a Les Paul Custom but im not sure whether to have my selector at treble or rhythm. Playing it at full volume or at 2 on my amp doesn't seem to make any difference.
Any help or advice on how to get this technique right would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
"okay im am 15 years old been playing guitar for bout 5 months now"

orly.

i smell bs
Quote by xConverge
"okay im am 15 years old been playing guitar for bout 5 months now"

orly.

i smell bs

Okay i lie. This thread is for my mate who is currently learning Jordan. I made the thread for him. Happy now? I copy and pasted what he wanted to be in the Thread over msn. My grammar isnt that good lol.
Last edited by KidBARTLEY at Jul 4, 2008,
not really, i think you're just trying to have everyone massage your e-penis.
whats stopping your friend asking himself.
also you have the grammar of a 3 year old result-of-inbreeding child.
Last edited by xConverge at Jul 4, 2008,
No offense, but it's important that we can deal with the person with the problem. I would guess it's a mixture of finger strength and posture (a bad angle of approach will create a weak hammer-on no matter how "hard" you preform it). Pass that along.
Quote by xConverge
not really, i think you're just trying to have everyone massage your e-penis.
whats stopping your friend asking himself.
also you have the grammar of a 3 result-of-inbreeding child.

HE doesnt have an account so I suggested that I would do it for him.
I don't think your post was necessary Converge

Thanks, what angle should the hammer-ons be at?
Last edited by KidBARTLEY at Jul 4, 2008,
well, it should come down nearly straight on top of the string, but it's hard to help without photos and a good knowledge of the piece (there's a few different kinds of tapping) - tell your friend to experiment with angles of attack and to exercise his right hand fingers lots if he doesn't already.