Pete Doherty I'm looking at you!

What?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by saphrax
Abusing substances on stage =/= Cool.

Performing on drugs is fun....I've done it.
Quote by saphrax
Abusing substances on stage =/= Cool.

Uh? Hendrix?
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Performing on drugs is fun....I've done it.

Coffee is indeed a nice boost.
Quote by denn0069
Uh? Hendrix?

Uh, dead?

Too many artists are performing off their faces. It's not something that the younger kids should have to see. It's a bad influence and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

Do drugs, fine by me, I smoke dope, have dabbled with other drugs, but drugs should be done in private, never infront of young adoring fans.
Quote by saphrax
Uh, dead?

Too many artists are performing off their faces. It's not something that the younger kids should have to see. It's a bad influence and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

Do drugs, fine by me, I smoke dope, have dabbled with other drugs, but drugs should be done in private, never infront of young adoring fans.

Some of the best musicians in the world are/were also drug users.....I mean, I love the guitarist Bernard Sumner and he was completely stoned/high nearly all of the 80s.
Quote by saphrax
Uh, dead?

Yeah, true, if I pay to go see a show, I wanna have fun and listen to good music, not see the performers forget their words and stumble on stage.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Some of the best musicians in the world are/were also drug users.....I mean, I love the guitarist Bernard Sumner and he was completely stoned/high nearly all of the 80s.

Agreed, but that still doesn't mean they should be so public about it. Discretion is a word often forgotten by the famous.

Edit: Sorry for hijacking this thread Xeus! I didn't mean to.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Yeah, true, if I pay to go see a show, I wanna have fun and listen to good music, not see the performers forget their words and stumble on stage.

Exactly. If people pay to see you, it is your obligation to perform to the best of your ability. Drugs won't let you do that.
Quote by GuitarHero0715

Watch this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9OCB69KwpU

This guy is almost certainly on either cocaine or acid and yet is performing normally.

And yes, he really does mean to sing like this.
Quote by saphrax
I can't watch as I'm at work, but acid and cocaine have very different effects...

I know.... I'm gonna plead the fifth.

When you can, watch the video. This guy is singing and playing guitar perfectly normally.
There's a great video of Queens of the Stone Age at Hurricane festival in 2001 where Nick is high and totally freaks out.
The way I see it, rock and roll and drugs go hand in hand. People who are "anti drugs" yet play rock music, imo, are assholes. :|
Quote by CrazyDavey
The way I see it, rock and roll and drugs go hand in hand. People who are "anti drugs" yet play rock music, imo, are assholes. :|

Screw you, dude, the assholes are the ones giving people ****ty performances because of drugs. Rock and roll has nothing to do with drugs, or even guitar/bass/drums, its just about the music.
Watch this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9OCB69KwpU

This guy is almost certainly on either cocaine or acid and yet is performing normally.

And yes, he really does mean to sing like this.

No hes not, its just bernard summer mate, hes not on anything.
Have you even seen anyone tripping on acid or doing coke?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"