in Pinball Wizard

I'll just do one because they're all similar.
E---7-----
B---7-----
G---9----
D---9----
A---x-----
E---7----

The high E and B are meant to be a kind of mini barre. Would it be a "cheat" move to barre all 6 with my index,finger the 9s with my ring finger and pinkie,muting the A with my middle finger?

or should I just practice the "hard" way?

Thanks
Tim
adding that A string will put a 'fourth' in the chord which will be ok depending on the key of the song

edit: actually the 7th on the A is the same note as the 9th on the G so why not?
Dancing In Your Dust
Last edited by STEALmyDOG at Jul 4, 2008,
I usually press the chord i'm learning very hard until my fingers hurt. Do it the hard way man. It's better for you.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by STEALmyDOG
adding that A string will put a 'fourth' in the chord which will be ok depending on the key of the song

I think it's in Bm,and there are a few similar shapes. It just sounds wrong.

Quote by Attack
I usually press the chord i'm learning very hard until my fingers hurt. Do it the hard way man. It's better for you.

Well the "hard" way is to fret the E and B with my index,the low E with my middle and D and G with my ring and pinkie.Try it;it's awkward as hell
Quote by _Tim_
Well the "hard" way is to fret the E and B with my index,the low E with my middle and D and G with my ring and pinkie.Try it;it's awkward as hell

Nope it's not easy but i got that in a couple of minutes. Just try to press it the correct way and when you are able to hold it down for a few minutes.

Oh, and i found out that the hard part is barring with index sometimes mixes up with ring and pinkie causing some higher strings to be muted. Watch out for that.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by Attack

Your fingers shouldn't hurt no matter how long you hold a chord for, pressing down as hard as you can will just ruin your intonation (not on the guitar, but the note you're playing will be higher than it should be because you're pressing down so hard)
Quote by Attack
Nope it's not easy but i got that in a couple of minutes. Just try to press it the correct way and when you are able to hold it down for a few minutes.

Oh, and i found out that the hard part is barring with index sometimes mixes up with ring and pinkie causing some higher strings to be muted. Watch out for that.

That's the problem I have,and then changing chords takes me 30 seconds or so >.<

Screw it,I'll give it a go.
Just barre the entire 7th fret with your index finger then add your ring and pinky to add the notes on the 9th fret. With your ring finger though, position it so that it frets the note on the D string but also mutes the A string.
use index over all and mute A string? not that hard with some practice
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
For the chord that you posted I would do: low E 7th fret with thumb, ring and pinky on 9th, bar with index on 7th on B/E or use index and middle for separate notes on B/E. Muting is done with the thumb as it presses down on the E and is over the A string.
To be honest, I think hooking your thumb round to get the B on the low E string would be far easier. Depends how big your hands/fingers are though.
Play it so it works, most people who watch aren't going to say "OMG! He barred that chord all wrong! I'm never watching/listening to him ever again!"
Quote by Matt Chavie
Play it so it works, most people who watch aren't going to say "OMG! He barred that chord all wrong! I'm never watching/listening to him ever again!"

I just want to get it right. I've spent the last 8 years shortcutting on guitar and as a result I suck