I've been looking at getting an amp for a while the one I'm going to settle for a a Roland Cube 60, the price seems to be pretty decent even compared to ebay!!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/roland-cube-60/12669

Is the general consensus that it is a good amp and will it be loud enough to jam with a band? Or are there any other amps that I should consider? Music style is heavy metal, rock & odd bit of blues. My knowledge of amps is pretty dire my last two being MG series, so I dont want to do that again!

Thank you for any advise.
Checkout the Laney LC and VC Range on the same site.

Much better investment and they are all tube. 15 watts tube is more than loud enough for small gigs.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
15 watts being loud enough for a small gigs do you mean when mic'ed up or just the amp as it is? I dont have facilities for mic'ing up. And with the 1 channel I assume I will need to invest in a distortion pedal. My budget for the amp I would like to keep between 150-200. The pedal I can sort out at a later date, actually............I may have a tube screamer somewhere.
Tube screamer should be good.

Maybe you should wait a little longer then, down the road you're gonna get bored of the tones. I wasted so much money on SS amps.

Once you go tube you dont go back to SS, its like broadband and dialup, once you have used broadband, dialup just doesn't cut it.

Start a new thread about the Laneys and see if they are suitable for gigging without micing. I cant answer that question. I think the 15watt tube will just as loud as the cube though
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
I love tube amps - got em too - but I also LOVE my old Rolands. The Cube 60 is a great amp.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
I love tube amps - got em too - but I also LOVE my old Rolands. The Cube 60 is a great amp.

The cube is a good amp, but I think in the long run a Laney LC or VC would be a better investment
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
i have one, and i think its great.

its easily loud enough, and ive played in several venues that dont bother mic'ing amps and people could still hear me loud n clear.

and for your kind of music im sure it can cover it pretty good. as for the laney amps, they dont sell them around where i am so i wouldn't know what theyre like but imo, cube 60's are mcvalue.