Just been looking at getting some locking tuners to avoid idiots knocking my guitar and putting it out of tune before a gig

then i saw the price.....£60

is there anything else less expensive that are worth looking at?
Nope! You could see if you can import some from the states. They're $50 or so.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
just been looking on ebay, theres some for £15 but tbh they look sh*t

but there is some from the states for $55, £27, with $10 shipping

will i have to pay VAT on them when they get into the UK?
You don't need locking tuners. There's a way to string your guitar that it works as locking tuners and it's easy to do.
Attachments:
strings.jpg
^ yeah that works, i have done it.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by PanHead
You don't need locking tuners. There's a way to string your guitar that it works as locking tuners and it's easy to do.

Can you link me to a bigger image?I can't see it.Thanks.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
Can you link me to a bigger image?I can't see it.Thanks.

Can't son. What you can do is to copy the pic and blow it up with your graphic program like ACDsee.
no, i mean, you go to a gig, get your guitar out of your case, tune it, place it on a stand, then you wait till your ready to go on stage and find out some idiot has knocked your guitar and un-tuned it, so your on stage with an out of tune guitar and have to start re-tuning at the start of your set

i thought locking tuners stopped the pegs from rotating so they couldnt be turned accidentally?
No, locking tuners lock the string into the post, so it doesn't need wrap, so the tuning is more stable.

Sounds like you're putting your guitar in the open where people can hit it.
At the same time, still look into that stringing method. It REALLY helps. I wish I learned how to do it before I bought my Sperzel locking tuners.
About the stringing method,may I know if you should loop a few times and then insert the string into the hole?In the diagram,he just inserts the string and then wind.Should I do the exact same thing like the diagram?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by kckyle
well i'm getting the locking tuner cause the stock tuners are crapping out on me

Well that's a very good excuse son.