I read on their website that people will get a "list" at 8am this morning for great deals, etc...

Anyone know if this is a decent sale or kinda cruddy, like Memorial Day?
I have no idea.

I don't shop at Guitar Center, so I don't know.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
the sale sucked for me - their pre 4th of July sale last weekend was much better.

the Fender amp I wanted wasn't on sale and their used gear wasn't on sale.

but you can get $50.00 off a Squier. or $150.00 a faded SG that's been beat to hell and back and being sold as new.

online retailers have free shipping, better sales, and no tax - it's becoming pointless to shop locally.
SRV R.I.P.
I'm going to check out what's for sale. Don't really need anything, well I do, but I'm not buying it new, but might find something so cheap that I want it haha.

I bought a Jackson DXMG with an amp for $160 off 2 years ago at that sale and then sold the guitar 6 months later for $20 less. Good buy I say!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I slept in. I'm glad. I think my next gear purchase is this vintage Magnatone that's been gathering dust at the local Sam Ash for way too long.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I didn't think anyone on this board even heard of magna's! Cool, those are some freaky amps - which I like
I'm going to check it out in a bit, but typically the only good deals are on used gear, like guitars and cables and pedals that have been sitting on the showroom floor - that said, I've picked up one or two great deals over the past couple of years of checking out the sale, but I think I'm done with the lining up at 8am thing - usually the first few guys in line will grab some hardshell cases for $1 and some Fender American Deluxe that's nicked and damaged but half-off, and then the rest of the deals are just strings and picks and stuff, and like the other guys said, you can just get the same price at online retailers and have it shipped to your house.
every "huge!" sale my gc has... they just take 5% off everything
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by dpv
online retailers have free shipping, better sales, and no tax - it's becoming pointless to shop locally.

definitely a quote for truth. plus you are almost guaranteed a new item if you buy it online. at GC everything's already been manhandled around the store.
Sucks for you guys, Memorial Day sale was amazing at my Guitar Center. They had literally every guitar 25% off, my friend got a used Dean Dime-o-flame for $400, and a JCM800 Kerry King edition for $1200.
There was a lot of good deals at my GC, I dunno what you people are talkin bout lol.

I bought a Seymour Duncan Convertable 1x12 combo with brand new power tubes and an EVM-12L speaker in it for $99, shibby!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i dont shop at gc, my local shop is better/cheaper, and everything is new and nice...
my GC had PRS SEs for 249
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
my GC had PRS SEs for 249

Yeah so did mine.

I actually stole a copy of The List, quite a few good deals.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com