Hi, im new here...and i was wondering how can you play notes palm-muted (especially power-chords) really fast? I can play stuff fast like that without palm-muting the string but when i palm-mute it sort of restrics the movement in my hand so I cant really play as fast.
work on wrist movement. and practicing it always helps
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Where are you using your palm?
Put it as far back as you can. (gives a better sound too)
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
it takes time, i remember when i first started it felt the same way you said like it was restricting the movement but now i can do it easily. just play each note slowly and then slowly speed it up. if you do that every day several times youll get faster in no time and it wont feel like its restricting you.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Quote by tzmen23
it takes time, i remember when i first started it felt the same way you said like it was restricting the movement but now i can do it easily. just play each note slowly and then slowly speed it up. if you do that every day several times youll get faster in no time and it wont feel like its restricting you.

Correct
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
rest your hane on the bridge (were the treblo bar is attached to ) i have a strat and its easy to palm mute fast. some guitars like les pauls are harder to do.
thank you everyone sooo much. ill try all this stuff when i get back from vacation tomorrow...
I've developed a picking technique and position where my palm is always resting on the bridge, so if I have to palm mute I just move it forwards a bit. This means that there's very little difference in picking movement between open notes and muted notes. Just practice until you find something like this
ohai little sig.