I've been playing for a while now and was wondering how I could go about finding a teacher well-versed in either classical or jazz. I stopped taking lessons a few years ago because I felt I had learned all I could from my previous teacher; I now want to find somebody who can expand my knowledge of music theory and improve my technique. Any suggestions?
where do you live?

I know a really good jazz guitarist in Holland. His name is Ratko Zjaca, he's my teacher for 4 years now.

He's also a recording artist, and played with John Patitucci, Reggie Workman, Al Foster, Jimmy Cobb, Randy Brecker and lots of other jazz underdogs. He had several workshops from Joe Pass and Pat Metheny.

He's one of the best!
Check out his website www.ratkozjaca.com
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by The RyMan
I've been playing for a while now and was wondering how I could go about finding a teacher well-versed in either classical or jazz. I stopped taking lessons a few years ago because I felt I had learned all I could from my previous teacher; I now want to find somebody who can expand my knowledge of music theory and improve my technique. Any suggestions?

Well, my lessons 1-5 would probably improve your technique. Where'd you live?
start with something like andrew yorks sunburst as a song, but as for a teacher, until you find one browse around the internet, theres tons of theory if thats the part your looking for.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by The RyMan
Sorry to say, but classical and jazz guitar teachers are hard to find. The majority of teacher will want to teach you a genre that requires alot less skill (rock, punk, pop so on).
I know one guy that teaches. Great jazz player, knows all his theory, but he still teachers his kids simple rock songs.

I know this is gonna get me flamed, but maybe you should teach yourself using the internet?