Proven product

This is quite an amazing amp... When I first tried it out at the near by Guitar Center store, I was confused. How 600$ amp could sound equally good to double or triple price amps?! Transistor driven amp that delivers tube sound?! Its 100 watts sound like gigawatt! I own a Gibson Les Paul - Studio and a Fender Telecaster, two guitar brands just made for Marshall amps, or vice versa. They both kick arse with this amp. I just don?t understand all these bad reviews, people complain about distortion, effects and so forth...My advice to you guys is: spend 2000 - 4000$ on ?better? amps or just buy good guitars. Good guitar sounds good on a bad amp, while bad one sounds like crap even on a good amp. I?m sorry if I sound like a smart-ass to my fellow musicians, but I think someone has to break it to you guys. I tried bunch of different amps in the same price range, and Marshall, as always, set the bar too high. This amp will blow you away - literally (again: only if you have a decent guitar)!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG100HDFX-MG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package-482807-i1145908.gc

lol biggest piece of baloney heard in a while
I tried that amp out a couple years back. Because I wanted something bigger and louder. I walked out with my b-52. That is 1000x better than that amp.

What really turned me off about the MG was how thin the distortion sounded, and the effects sounded awful.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Well, tastes vary... let him have some fun until he gets annoyed by the thin sound and high frequency hiss of the mg.

These amps are weird. I liked them at first glance but the longer you play them, the more they get on your tits.

EDIT: What's even stranger is that they sound absolutely the same no matter what guitar you use. I know this is common with modeling amps and ss amps, but the mg (and the avt, by the way) are extreme in that department.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 4, 2008,
Some people are just tone deaf.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Hey, I was looking at buying this amp before,I didnt get to play this Marshall... But then I discovered the Valveking. =]
Quote by Dr. No
Some people are just tone deaf.

It would be called regular deaf. Tone deaf means you can't really tell if something is in tune or not.

Sorry to be a smartass to fellow musicians!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Martin Scott
I have an MG. Mine's made by Mesa/Boogie, though. It's alright. Nothing to write home about.

wut? pics?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Martin Scott
I have an MG. Mine's made by Mesa/Boogie, though. It's alright. Nothing to write home about.

Huh? And your sig...
Quote by Martin Scott

wtf?
Quote by aznmetalhead93
Huh? And your sig...

xD i didn't notice that in his sig. possibly trolling? hmm.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Whats even stranger is that he seems competely unable to use grammar, and the entire thing is one big runon. Are you sure it's real?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Either from a Marshall employee

or

Someone who loves that thin trebly MG tone
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
I've never heard of a Mesa MG. More details please?

Edit: I smell troll. I didn't notice the "Fender Les Paul" on my first read of the poster's sig.

Re: the original review, I can forgive a lot when it comes to different tastes. But what I do think is nonsense is the reviewer's assertion that crappy guitars through good amps sound bad, but good guitars through bad amps sound good. IMO he has this completely reversed: a good amp can do a lot for a crappy guitar, but a bad amp will always hold you back.
Last edited by Steve BP at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Steve BP

Re: the original review, I can forgive a lot when it comes to different tastes. But what I do think is nonsense is the reviewer's assertion that crappy guitars through good amps sound bad, but good guitars through bad amps sound good. IMO he has this completely reversed: a good amp can do a lot for a crappy guitar, but a bad amp will always hold you back.

ha you can say that again
Quote by Steve BP

Edit: I smell troll. I didn't notice the "Fender Les Paul" on my first read of the poster's sig.

And a Tesco Tube Screamer...

Unless they ARE taking over the world!
Cam Sampbell's my hero