I need some delay, what the main difference between these pedals? Which would you advise? Is there a lot of fuzz from these boxes?
i would advise neither.
i have a DD5 and its like the DD6, but there both just not worth the money.
with that money just get an analog delay, there much bettor and you could also do alot more with them.
but serius man i still say dont buy the digital crap, you owe it yourself to buy something bettor for the same price.
And who the hell needs 4 seconds of delay anyways.
its all retarded at the most you need max is 1000ms and thats plenty enough as it is.
Pedals arent about buying quality if you ask me its about buying names now adays, and boss is the biggest high quality pedal illusion out there.
i say go with a MXR carbon copy its not as mainstream as buying a boss DIGITAL delay, but its bettor if you ask me.
Quote by blabermouth5
but serius man i still say dont buy the digital crap, you owe it yourself to buy something bettor for the same price.
And who the hell needs 4 seconds of delay anyways.
its all retarded at the most you need max is 1000ms and thats plenty enough as it is.
Pedals arent about buying quality if you ask me its about buying names now adays, and boss is the biggest high quality pedal illusion out there.
i say go with a MXR carbon copy its not as mainstream as buying a boss DIGITAL delay, but its bettor if you ask me.

Shutup.
You CANNOT do more with an analog delay.
All you can do with an analog delay is, well, only simple delays.
It's not digital crap. It's just different from analog. It gives a more exact tone than an analog which makes the signal deteriorate a bit, which some people like.
Yes, excluding the carbon copy, most analog delays under 300 bucks have about a 350ms MAX delay man. Perhaps this dude wants the occasional half second delay. That, and analog delays with a tap tempo are extremely costly.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Well I have the DD3 and I can't say I rate it. When using higher delay times, I start to notice alot of fuzz. Not nice at all. It just sounds like a very boring delay.
I have the DD-7

I love it, and thought i would only use it for solos and stuff but it has helped out as a songwriting aid and wrote a couple songs using it.
This board has some of the most ridiculous Boss hate I've ever seen.

The DD-3 is great, but it's simple. If you want a delay that simply reproduces what you played, then it's perfect for you. The DD-6 has more "sounds" in it, but frankly, I don't really think any of them sound that great. But if you need the "sounds" then I'd look into a Line 6 Echo Park which costs less, and in my opinion, sounds better.

The DD-3 doesn't have tap tempo, but I usually just set it up for one or two repeats and leave it.
I've heard that the Echo Park isn't as durable as the Boss pedal though

I wasn't sure which to buy because I had heard good things about both pedals. The DD-6/7 gives you lots of sound effects like reverse and hold mode, but I don't use them that much.
The DD-7 is the newest (and besides the DD-3) the only available single pedal delay from Boss at my local GC. I have the "twin-pedal" DD-20 that is freaking sweet, but is more $$ than the DD-7. Of the choices I would probably get the DD-7...oh (BTW) it has like 40 seconds of time you can use as a looping function - really cool extra!
Ive been thinking about getting a DD-7 or a DL4....cant make up my mind.
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
Quote by BryanChampine
Ive been thinking about getting a DD-7 or a DL4....cant make up my mind.

DD-7 has really good reviews compared to the other pedal.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
^ yeah ill probably go with the DD7
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
Quote by strat335
I've heard that the Echo Park isn't as durable as the Boss pedal though

You're right about that. The switch is pretty flimsy on the Park.
Quote by strat335
I wasn't sure which to buy because I had heard good things about both pedals. The DD-6/7 gives you lots of sound effects like reverse and hold mode, but I don't use them that much.

Between the two, I'd go with a DD-7 and an external tap tempo switch. That'd take care of pretty much all your delay needs. I haven't tried a DD-7 yet, but from everything I've read it's supposed to sound really good. Way better than the DD-6.