hey guys, does anyone kno where to get a replacement footswitch for my VOX wah pedal?

its just the little footswitch that needs replacing, my stupid cousin auctlly STOMPED on the pedal, and now it wont turn off, so like..if i have it on my pedal board, its stuck on wah lol

yea so if anyone could help me, thad b GREaaAATT
DigiKey, Newark Electronics, Electrosonic, Allied Electronics etc are all component vendors. Open your wah wah and look at the switch. It'll have a manufacturers logo or name on it as well as a part number. Then go to one of the vendor websites and do a MFR Part Search entering the part number from the switch. This'll ensure you get an exact replacement part.
Moving on.....
ok guys, i checked those websites out and i searched for it, but i dont think they make this specific model...anymore? idk, i took some pictures of the switch..maybe somebody here can help me find it...

theres some writing on it..its carling then below its like 125v 250v

and this is the bottom

of anyone can help me find this part or another switch that would work, id appreciate it
thanks again
If you really want that exact same switch, I've got an unused one that I took out of my wah when I modded for true bypass. I'll give it you if you'll send me your address and money for postage. PM me if you're interested!
Quote by Entrant_21
If you want to simply replace it with a similar switch use this one:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=27

It'll do the exact same job!

but id recommend true bypassing though!

hey thanks bro, ill order that soon, but i might sound like a noob or something, but im wondering what "true bypass" means...??? what does that do exactly? and how is it done? im just asking cuz if its something that i would want to do, id rather do it now since im already fixing up this wah...thanks man REAL HELP
True bypass basically means you entirely remove the wah's (or any other pedal's) circuit when it's switched off, preventing it from changing your tone. Without true bypass you can lose some treble when the wah is off.

True bypass: 

effects circuit
           /                \
Input->                     <-output
           \piece of wire /

Not true bypass (output switching bypass):

effect circuit
          /                \
Input                       <-output
         \                   /
           piece of wire

-> = switch
/ = wire
Quote by KenG
The switch in your link Entrant_21 appears to be momentary! This won't work as the minute it is not pepressed it will not be making contact.

<http://www.tubedepot.com/p-316-b-pp.html>

This might be more like it.

dude i already ordered it, what are u talking about? is it the wrong switch? whats "pepressed"?? lol ...if it wont work i can cancel the order, but i have to know ASAP

!!
Quote by KenG
The switch in your link Entrant_21 appears to be momentary! This won't work as the minute it is not pepressed it will not be making contact.

<http://www.tubedepot.com/p-316-b-pp.html>

This might be more like it.

Ah crap the link mustve changed..the one I pasted was definately a locking switch, i notice those kinds of mistakes!
Quote by cedricsmods
That is indeed the wrong switch. It is momentary which means it will only work while it's being depressed. That might be okay for some effects, but it is impossible to keep the wah button depressed while rocking the pedal!

You want this one: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=28

ok man, thanks, i just contacted them and canceled the order...now, to replace it with the switch u recommended, all i have to do is solder the 3 wires to the new switch?

also, idk if im looking at it right, but the switch u recommended looks like it only has 2 contacts to solder on...the switch that i have thats broken has 3... ???
You need three! It's SPDT (Single pole-double throw) This means one wire (single pole) is routed to either the Wah circuits input (throw one) or the directly to the output jack (throw two) to bypass the effect.
Moving on.....
lololol whyy is thiss soo hardd? AHHH
ok so , NONE of the switches recommended can work unless it has 3

dude, im looking at the circutry right now, and it looks like one wire is coming from the input, to the switch, then the switch is throwing 2 wires out, one to the circuit board and the other to the output...does this mean is already has true bypass?...here ill take a picture...

i think i went overboard ahahah

helppp
i just realized something...it COULD b that the switch just changes the output, so like on, it would throw the signal to the circuit and when its off the signal just goes in and out of the pedal....lol, idk im a noobie at this stuff....but that still leaves me with no switch...like KenG said, i need a switch with 3 contacts...
Your realization is correct! That's why this is not a true bypass because the the WAH Ccts are always loading your guitar signal. You could rig it as true bypass though but you'd need aDPDT switch.
The tubedepot link I sent you is good. If you're reluctant to order online you could hit an electronic supplier in your area. (Future/Active Components, Radio Shack/The Source etc.)
Unmount your switch and take it with you when you go to help show the salespeople what you need.
Moving on.....
Quote by Firesniper20
also, idk if im looking at it right, but the switch u recommended looks like it only has 2 contacts to solder on...the switch that i have thats broken has 3... ???

Dang it, you're right. I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention either. That's what happens when I stay up too late!

Just get a 6-pronged DPDT. If you want true bypass, I can point you to a link on how to wire that. If you want to keep it as-is, just connect to three wires on the same side and ignore the other side. But the same DPDT can do either, then if you change your mind later, you don't need a new switch. This will do either way http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=80
ok bro, ill order this asap...
one last question, when i get it, which wire goes where? this switch from tubedepot has 6 contacts instead of 3...
(Invalid img)
I couldn't see your orignal pics anymore to verify colours of the wires but basically here 's what you need to do. The black wire should say "To Wah CCT" but the image got cut off!
Attachments:
Drawing1.gif
Moving on.....
wow thanks man, ur awesome

"if we were in prison together, id protect you in the showers"
lol
Yeah, what KenG said. Basically, that switch is two separate switches controlled by the same button. You only need that one side like he showed you.
Quote by Firesniper20
wow thanks man, ur awesome

"if we were in prison together, id protect you in the showers"
lol

Not so fast! I shower alone lol but seriously, from my home PC I can see your original pics of the wiring and I miss labeled them. The center (red) goes where you red/brown wire went, The other two outside ends are Blue & white. Not blue and Black. Just wanted to make sure I didn't lead you down the wrong path there.
Moving on.....