Hi, I was looking to get a new practice and small gig tube amp. Basically, I need something that is versatile and that is easy to transport. My favorite guitarists use orange and bogner, I also digs blessthefalls tone. I know i wont get the exact tone of those amps or brands but for my budget and size that im looking for i want something somewhat close to it. My favorite genres to play are metalcore, classic rock, blues, and it be nice if it had a bright clean too.

Oh and if i have to get a pedal for the distortion thats ok.

The axes I will use are in my sig. Mainly the lp though.

Budget, I dont really want to spend more than 500 USD
My gear

Epiphone LP Standard in Trans Blue
ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
Your best bet may be a Peavey Valveking. Theyre really versatile and great for the price, which is under your budget.

If you need more distortion, just throw a tubescreamer or Bad Monkey in front of it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
but which one

I jam with a drummer who tends to always play really loud and constantly wants to play over me what wattage would you think is best keep in mind I dont want a behemoth to lug around.
My gear

ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
Well the 112 50 watt should be plenty. Keep in mind this would be tube watts and sound much louder.

Or you could try the 212 100 watt, which is bigger and heavier, and will give you more headroom for metal. You also wouldnt have to worry about it not being loud enough.

All in all the 50 should be enough.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I probably play blues the least but I like to play mostly anywhere from coldplay to audioslave to metallica to even evergreen terrace. I just want it to have very good distortion variety like I said I dont care if i have to buy a pedal to achieve metal or metalcore
My gear

ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
Quote by Ic3man586
I probably play blues the least but I like to play mostly anywhere from coldplay to audioslave to metallica to even evergreen terrace. I just want it to have very good distortion variety like I said I dont care if i have to buy a pedal to achieve metal or metalcore

I would grab a used Traynor YCV40WR and an OD pedal. I got my YCV40 for 425.
I checked out the video of the V30 and it sounds like what i want. are there any other amps similar to that one for the price. but also a lot of reviewers say its unreliable i.e. blown out tubes and faulty circuits
My gear

ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
Last edited by Ic3man586 at Jul 4, 2008,
^it goes for
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V50112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487054

or
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V33212-33W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487056

also dont forget that you can get good stuff used, in many instanses youll get something bettor used than new.

probly a valveking is something thats about the same price as the crate but i havent heard

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2aTO0Z-B274&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j2LJIQvwvKw&feature=related

i really dont like how they sound compared to a crate but what ever suits you man.
Last edited by blabermouth5 at Jul 4, 2008,
You are right blabermouth5 IMO I think the crate sounds better too. Not to knock on the valvekings or anything im sure theyre great too. but, I think im going to check out a crate soon. i couldnt find vids of the traynor though.
My gear

ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
yah its a damn shame that there arent any ive heard great things about that particular amp and really want to hear a good vid.
ok cool so its down to the traynor and crate i think. although i must say from what ive heard the traynor seems to have a glassy kinda smooth bright tone in its highs which is good shame i havent heard any nice lows yet, so far the crate has me sold but i still gotta try them out.
My gear

ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
yeah sure I mean im not in a hurry to get one. I just want to get a small tube amp. My spider sucks tone wise, i can only get sometimes decent distortion from the metal preset and ok cleans. but its too heavy to carry around and honestly my buddies dads old ibanez 25W amp blew it out the water when it came to cleans over the drummer and he was using a squier strat i felt ashamed.
My gear

ESP LTD F50
Line 6 Spider III 120W
i say B-52 AT112, i just think it's flat out better than a Valveking.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab