its crap, don't buy it.

what is your budget and what sort of tone are you looking for?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
and again...
*clears throat*

use the ****ing searchbar
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
MGs are for nobody. Not even little sissy boys.
I plays guitars.
^ I have one and actualy they are t3h broooo00000talz!!!

The overdrive is CRUSHING!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It's good if you play emo. Lots of emo.

Otherwise, no.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by 2003LP
MGs are for nobody. Not even little sissy boys.

it's true.

TS, it depends though, how long have you been playing and do you plan on playing seriously? if you want more amp for your money, go for a Blues Junior or something like that.

If you're just a bedroom player then a Roland Cube series may be what you want.
get it!

if you simply want a loud practice amp that sounds like a tight fart
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
i think a lot of you guys are just hating on the MG series. If you actually played this amp youd find that the cleans are remarkably bright for a SS amp and the OD channel, when dialed in right and with the right (onboard) effects, can be very effective.
Quote by albino strat!
i think a lot of you guys are just hating on the MG series. If you actually played this amp youd find that the cleans are remarkably bright for a SS amp and the OD channel, when dialed in right and with the right (onboard) effects, can be very effective.

It really is that bad. There are MUCH better amps in the price range of the MG250DFX.
Quote by albino strat!

my local music shop used to plug everything into MGs. The cleans are brittle, and the overdrive is buzzy, thin, no dynamics whatsoever. never mind dialling in the onboard FX to make it sound better - thats called turd polishing, sure, it'll sound better, but it'll still sound like the steaming pile of fecal matter it is, just a glossy one.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Martin Scott
Nah it is crap, I have one myself. Rubbish amp,

Wait a second, you have a Mesa/Boogie one?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by albino strat!

I had one for a year and my Dad still uses it, its crap. I thought it was alright until I played another amp.
To everyone defending the amp in this thread:

The problem isn't neccesarily that the tone is terrible (it is but that's beside the point) the real problem is that they are overpriced simply because they bear the marshall logo, n00bs buy them because of the marshall logo and then expect to sound like everyone who ever used a marshall and they shouldn't come in a size about 15w. They are expensive practice amps and there are much better out there for the money.

TS: I re-enforce the question: Genre and budget?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well I play mostly thrash metal and Children of Bodom so i want an amp which suits good for those. My budget is about 500e, about 6-700 dollars, got pretty clear that the mg type sucks.. so anything you would recommend

And more edit: Im quite serious about my playing so im not actually looking any bedroom amps or whatsoever, but that kind of which can be used on band rehearsals and you know all band stuff
Last edited by Jouni at Jul 4, 2008,
http://www.thomann.de/fi/randall_rg50_tc.htm

This should suit you prefectly, thomann.de do have a site for most major european countries so if you just go to www.thomann.de and pick the finnish site you should be able to find it quite easily.

Edit: changed the link to the finnish site
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.