I was thinking of getting some cheap superstrat for occasional drop tune stuff in addition to my main E standard guitar.

I plan on doing keeping it in C standard, but I prefer not to use anything less than .13 gauge
I think you'd have to get the bridge modded and have intonation (I think that's what it's called) done for strings that thick.

Not sure though.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
i'd take iot to a shop and have it adjusted properly, unles you're capabale and confident enough to do it
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I definitely plan on taking it to the shop to get it setup with the heavy gauge I just didn't know if all bridge saddles could take strings that thick.
Quote by Hobo279
get it set up with a lot of springs, bud. a LOT of springs.

+999999999

I put heavy strings on mine and only tightened the springs as the guitar shop said. After putting a new set of heavies on, the wood snapped between the pickup and bridge on my strat (squire). Now I have to wait 2 weeks for them to fix it.

DONT EVER GO 2 WEEKS WITHOUT UR GUITAR. IT WILL TURN U CRAZY!!!!
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by slogankid1
+999999999

I put heavy strings on mine and only tightened the springs as the guitar shop said. After putting a new set of heavies on, the wood snapped between the pickup and bridge on my strat (squire). Now I have to wait 2 weeks for them to fix it.

DONT EVER GO 2 WEEKS WITHOUT UR GUITAR. IT WILL TURN U CRAZY!!!!

what the hell ?
Quote by The red Strat.
what the hell ?

I know!

You only have to put "+1"

But, I would take it to a shop if your'e gonna do that. And I doubt many electric take them easily without a good setup.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
it's weird, people always say your neck would bow if you went from 9's to 13's or something, and you tuned the 13s to standard as well, yet mine never did.. (I've built guitars, I know what neck bowing is) But I wouldn't recommend no adjustment, haha. I just found it weird :P.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.