Page 1 of 3
So with our beloved David Tennent apparantly done for, we must begin to question who would make a good new Doctor.

Then again there is the whole theory, made by dedicated but nevertheless insane fans, that Christopher Ecclestone will be making a reappearance. They say due to the proximity of the Doctors old hand, the pickled one, that the regeneration will result in the return of Mr Ecclestone.

And the theory of a female doctor

So discuss, argue and attempt to out-nerd eachother
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
I heard a rumour that it's going to be Robert Carlyle, which could be interesting.
There's rumours going around that David Tennant will be the doctor next time, again, but they're taking a year out with only 3 specials.
There are other rumours that the Master from last series will be the new doctor, somehow.
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
*Eccleston

If you're going to claim to be a Whovian, spell the actors' names correctly. The hand he has in the TARDIS is from Tennant's first episode, the Christmas one, so it would signal a return to his tenth form, not ninth, if that's what the producers are planning. With the Time Lords gone the rules on regeneration are potentially very lax, and a faulty regeneration, or the return to a fixed point in time and space (similar to Dalek Caan) would give us Tennant again.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Its gonna be Tennant again, Seen as he's got a year left on his contract.

Unless he's just like an extra lol
SWFC
Quote by Dinkydaisy
*Eccleston

If you're going to claim to be a Whovian, spell the actors' names correctly. The hand he has in the TARDIS is from Tennant's first episode, the Christmas one, so it would signal a return to his tenth form, not ninth, if that's what the producers are planning. With the Time Lords gone the rules on regeneration are potentially very lax, and a faulty regeneration, or the return to a fixed point in time and space (similar to Dalek Caan) would give us Tennant again.

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
im pretty sure the doctors hand has something to do with it, there was a close up of a few seconds in last weeks episode. ( do i get nerd points?)
i have heard people saying james nesbitt (sp?) is going to be the next doctor though...
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
There's something about that hand. Why do they keep putting it in shots this series? It must have a role to play.

What's the story behind that hand, BTW? I can't remember for ****.

However, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Tennat again. He's a great doctor; but at the same time, I'd prefer it if they actually went through with a re-generation instead of just pussying out and making it one of those cliffhangers that end up meaning nothing at all.
Last edited by Vermintide at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Dinkydaisy
*Eccleston

But Caan went bonkers. We're not going to have to watch Tennant skipping about like a nut, sprouting some nonsense about rainbows?
I didnt know the series was on again D: someone has to link me to the seasons worth of episodes!!!!
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by moody git
im pretty sure the doctors hand has something to do with it, there was a close up of a few seconds in last weeks episode. ( do i get nerd points?)
i have heard people saying james nesbitt (sp?) is going to be the next doctor though...

OF COURSE! THE HAND!!!

I heard that about James Nesbitt as well. He would make a good Doctor in my opinion.
it was cut off by the leader of the sycorax or something, but he was still within 48 hours of regeneration so he had enough cellular energy to grow it back (even more nerd points?)
The hand will stop the regeneration bladah bladah

eveyone thinks hes dead bladah bladah

last minute he saves the day bladeh bladeh

/ every programme ever
David Tennant - Billie Piper was my favorite combination of Dr - Companion so far. I want them for at least another season
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
It's been officially announced that Alan Carr's gonna be the new doctor.

:P
Quote by Vermintide
There's something about that hand. Why do they keep putting it in shots this series? It must have a role to play.

In The Christmas Invasion it was cut off by the Sycorax leader in a sword duel. Since The Doctor had just regenerated his hand grew back, but the one cut off fell out into the sky, if I recall correctly. Captain Jack got hold of it, and it appeared in Torchwood a few times. It reappeared in Doctor Who in the episode Utopia, in which Captain Jack had actually been using it to alert him when the Doctor arrived in Cardiff to use the rift to refuel the TARDIS. Which is why it's here.

EDIT:
Quote by Minkaro
But Caan went bonkers. We're not going to have to watch Tennant skipping about like a nut, sprouting some nonsense about rainbows?

Yeah, but those Daleks were close to insanity anyway - I think that having the ability to imagine (as the Cult of Skaro did) didn't do much for their mental health. As a Time Lord I'd imagine the Doctor would be more capable of taking it, if he worked out how.

-Matthew Arnold

Last edited by Dinkydaisy at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Vermintide

He got it cut off while fighting these aliens who came to earth and got a hold of some type B or A blood and used to to control people somehow. If I'm correct
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Vermintide

i think he got it cut off, and had to grow a new one

i reckon something will have gone wrong and it will be tennant again. him or eccleston, but i really like david tennant as the doctor.
i don't even like dr who and I quite like tennant.

ANd to the person who said robert carlyle? that would be ****ing hilarious.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Vermintide

tennants first episode when the aliens are invading at christmas him and another alien are having a sword fight and tennants hand is chopped off. but because he has recently regenerated a new hand grew back so the doctor took the chopped off hand and but it into that container.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by Dinkydaisy
In The Christmas Invasion it was cut off by the Sycorax leader in a sword duel. Since The Doctor had just regenerated his hand grew back, but the one cut off fell out into the sky, if I recall correctly. Captain Jack got hold of it, and it appeared in Torchwood a few times. It reappeared in Doctor Who in the episode Utopia, in which Captain Jack had actually been using it to alert him when the Doctor arrived in Cardiff to use the rift to refuel the TARDIS. Which is why it's here.

You beat me to it and beat me in the info department as well
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by CE49
It's been officially announced that Alan Carr's gonna be the new doctor.

:P

*shoots self to save the torture*
for the first time ever i turned over while watching topgear cos i couldnt stand him

Time and Welative Dimension in Space
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I like Eccleston as the doctor a lot better than any others. I watched the very first season of Doctor on dvd a week or two ago :P
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by IronNecrosis
You beat me to it and beat me in the info department as well

As for a new actor for the Doctor... nobody has been confirmed, and Tennant still has a contract. Unless it's announced by the BBC, any new Doctor rumours are bullshit

-Matthew Arnold

He should be the next doctor.

"Why don't you have a seat, Dalek?"
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

no get alan sugar.

"dalek caan your fired"

"he's co-"

"shut up! Your Fired"
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by IronNecrosis
I like Eccleston as the doctor a lot better than any others. I watched the very first season of Doctor on dvd a week or two ago :P

+1
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Dinkydaisy

As for a new actor for the Doctor... nobody has been confirmed, and Tennant still has a contract. Unless it's announced by the BBC, any new Doctor rumours are bullshit

Well I really liked Eccleston as the doctor and I didn't like Tennant at first. He seemed kinda too young to be the doctor. I got used to him. I'm gonna have to go watch the season with Eccleston when I can now :P
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
...David Tennant is doing the 3 specials (the only episodes) next year. So somehow he's still going to be the doctor.

Sorry to dissapoint.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by IronNecrosis
Well I really liked Eccleston as the doctor and I didn't like Tennant at first. He seemed kinda too young to be the doctor. I got used to him. I'm gonna have to go watch the season with Eccleston when I can now :P

I hate Eccleston ¬_¬ First season of New Who (2005) was his, and it was pathetic. Rose is a God awful companion, and he just didn't suit the Doctor. Maybe I love the Classic series too much, but I couldn't stand Eccleston
I think Tennant's alright, though. Maybe because he's as fit as fuck, but he's a good actor and Steven Moffatt writes some killer stories.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
*Eccleston

To be honest, im not that bothered as long as they dont get a new actor, then pull a whole "it was only a dream" type thing

I can see how they might want to bring back Eccleston, but it just wouldnt work. I can accept that the hand might make his regeneration stop, but if he just regenerates back into himself for no explainable reason I will be sad, as it will have just disregarded the original rules set in place by the creators of the show.

Im all for it to be a completely new Doctor who though, as it would be the best kept secret ever, and it would mean all those pictures of Tennant filming the Christmas special were faked, which would be great. Bring on Carlyle, he would be completely different, and fabulous
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Which was then stolen by The Master and who used it to age The Doctor rapidly (With a LASER screwdriver, only a fool would go with sonic.).

Unfortunately, for some reason we have to wait 2 weeks longer over here for new episodes, so I'm not entirely caught up right now.
Last edited by The Leader at Jul 4, 2008,
Yer I don't think they'll replace him as he already has been confirmed for the specials next year, although it would be an ace plot twist

I heard that John Simms is gonna play the next Dr but I think that's rubbish really

Also, James Nesbitt as the Dr would be brilliant
Quote by The Leader
Which was then stolen by the Master and who used it to age The Doctor rapidly (With a LASER screwdriver, only a fool would go with sonic.).

Unfortunately, for some reason we have to wait 2 weeks longer over here for new episodes, so I'm not entirely caught up right now.

Consider yourself lucky. I have to wait until either Fall 2008 or Spring 2009 for the 4th season.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Dinkydaisy
*Eccleston

I know when I'm out classed

I hope it he doesn't do that though, it'd just be another TLD copout ending
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Encyclopedia
I know when I'm out classed

I hope it he doesn't do that though, it'd just be another TLD copout ending

It's RTD writing it, so of course it's going to suck. I can't wait for Steven Moffatt to take over =D

-Matthew Arnold

Page 1 of 3