So... I've been practicing rasquedo using my m p p fingers to play a triplet, but I'm doing it on my steel string guitar.

So far so good, except my m finger is constantly getting caught around the nail on the downstroke, and bleeding all over my lovely strings. Not the worst problem in the world, but it's annoying and probably doesn't point to the best technique.

I was wondering, does anyone have any tips to avoid this - or will my finger harden up like the calluses on my left fingertips eventually?
Cheers!
file your nail and then polish it with fine grade sand paper
Funky c, Funky do
you need to strike the string with just the very edge of your fingernail, your nails should be fairly long (about 1/4 of an inch past the fingertip), if they are cut short you either need to get fake nails or use finger picks, also doing that on a steel string isn't really a good idea, as it will rip your nails to bits and cut up your fingers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^^I do file my nails for playing classical, but I broke most of them at work recently (*rolls eyes*), maybe I'll try it when they've grown back.

I've not had too many problems with nails on a steel string, but fake nails might be a plan...
Right cheers for the fast responses!
For what it's worth, I'm going to check out fake nails today... off to the nail salon at least til I've learnt how to do it properly myself...
I have a classical guitar already, but I play steel string as well, so small problem with that one, but thanks all anyway