alright mah dudes im calling for your help once again.

i just joined a band that i would say "isnt my style". Im into the old stuff, ya know. I love my Megadeth, Iced Earth, DT, Sym X, and i dare say Old Metallica.

i like my diatonic blues shred with some disonance. Im a very techincal guitar player and take my work seriously. The guitarist from Shadows Fall i enjoy, but some parts i feel like he tries to overdo it.

My band mates are into Shadows Fall, BTBAM, Protest the hero etc.

NOW i need more bands to listen to, to get into that style. I just bought Alaska by BTBAM. I need more true metal albums to listen to. Please help me out.
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Sit down with them and have a warm, heartfelt chat with them about the musical direction that you are going in. Maybe they can be more flexible and welcome your style. If you do not like a certain style, why force yourself to get into it? It's like putting on a pair of jeans that are much too small- sure, they will cover your legs, but will you really be comfortable in them? No.
I was in a similar situation a year ago.
My advice: quit the band or force the band to broaden their horizons, because you shouldn't have to conform to their style.
Then why should they have to conform to his style?

That is the question.

TS: Try listening to Shadows Fall albums, BTBM albums, etc etc and if you don't like the music as it is, try adding your own flair. Try adding solos that fit your style more, if the band doesn't like it, leave.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Well tell them to get into better metal. That crap is terrible, tell them to listen to YOUR metal. Symphony X for god's sake. They're listening to Shadows Fall? Gimme a break.

of dat kit kat barrr
all that remains, Haste the Day(maybe), and Dry kill logic. Sorry if im leading you in the wrong direction but i too am an older metal fan.
Yea what Nathan said, but if it doesn't work, try From A Second Story Window, Unearth, or Soilwork.
I like From A Second Story Window...
W/e if you are willing to change then more power to you.
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Quote by Free Time
Metal sucks

If it weren't for your avatar I'd have to give you a swift boot.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory