I got my new guitar (Ibanez RG370) today and when I got it, it was way out of tune, so I tried to re-tune it. I unlocked the three clamps at the nut like it said in the manual and as I did the bridge snapped, the strings went flat. I managed to tune it but the bridge is still stuck, you can't lift the tremolo bar back any further only forward and it don't sound right especially on the lower strings.
There's a panel on the back of the guitar. You have to open it and adjust the bridge with the help of a screwdriver but since you messed up the first time i suggest going to the guitar shop and get it repaired. Then learn how to do it.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
^

That or take a look at madpickin03's guide down at the Electric Guitar section, that is if you can't be bothered to get it to a techy and also want it to do it yourself to learn it.

Although I think it's your first time to setup an FR guitar (judging from the way you described it) it won't be too hard if you follow madpickin03's guide.
Last edited by Archeo at Jul 4, 2008,
did you put anything under the bridge so it would keep it from going into the guitar?
because if you didnt the spring tention from the springs are pulling the trem and strings so by putting something under the bridge it preventing the trem from being pulled into the guitar and keeping the string from pulling basically, the strings are keeping the springs from pulling the trem and strings kinda like tug of war the trem is the flag and the springs are one side and the strings are the other what you want to do its keep it even. so by putting something under the bridge to prevent it from it going into the guitar. the string tenstion will keep the bridge from going into the guitar. here are some things i use to put it under the trem...also it wont harm it what so ever

a double A battery
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
steps:
1. keep trem arm in trem
2. push trem arm foward to the max