Hey guys, I'm just wondering if you know of any ibanez guitars apart from the obvious Paul Gilbert signature, whilst I'm at it I'd like to ask what your opinion is on the PG sig, if you are unfamiliar with it here it is
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/series.aspx?s=pgm
I previously played on a JEM and wasn't impressed, are we really paying an extra £100/200 pound because its a signature?
Thanks
If you want an Ibanez with a maple fretboard you should look used, a lot of the older models from the 80s and 90s had maple fretboards and you should be able to find them for fairly cheap on Ebay or even Craigslist.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
There was an SA knocking about last year and as far as im aware there is an RG with a maple fretboard but i couldnt tell you which model.

Ive not actually had a chance to play a PGM but looking at the specs the pickups in it probably make it worth it. Its if it suits you in the end though
Off the top of my head I know your choices are either the PGM sig, old models from the 90's and 80's like Remonster said, and reissues like the RG550 or the RG5770 that was just announced.
Quote by sharpy1
so has anyone have any experience with the PGM301?

Excellent guitar. One of the few signature models actually worth the pricetag.
You could get a RG550 in black...

EDIT: Nolly, when did you buy a Blackmachine and a Diezel?!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
EDIT: Nolly, when did you buy a Blackmachine and a Diezel?!

Hehe, I've been a busy boy the last few months
Quote by sharpy1
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if you know of any ibanez guitars apart from the obvious Paul Gilbert signature, whilst I'm at it I'd like to ask what your opinion is on the PG sig, if you are unfamiliar with it here it is
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/series.aspx?s=pgm
I previously played on a JEM and wasn't impressed, are we really paying an extra £100/200 pound because its a signature?
Thanks

http://www.ibanez.com/search.aspx?s=maple%20fretboard
Quote by FRDesign

My friend has that exact guitar. Yeah, it's has a maple fretboard.. but the guitar is a piece of crap. Mild vibrato on the trem and it goes way out of tune... a double-locking trem we're talking about, here!
Quote by Martin Scott
My friend has that exact guitar. Yeah, it's has a maple fretboard.. but the guitar is a piece of crap. Mild vibrato on the trem and it goes way out of tune... a double-locking trem we're talking about, here!
Mine stays in tune fine, and I've had it for over a year.
some S, SA, and RG models come with maple fingerboars. and i havent played the PG and i really havent wanted to since i found out its basswood. (weak highs and HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by sharpy1

Indeed it is, who puts black pickups on one of those, they should be pink...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Martin Scott
You lot are going to eat me alive for this.. but I think that yellow RG looks really awesome. Goes really well with the maple fretboard. Beats the hell out of the generic boring black one.

^ I completely agree. I almost bought one of those but decided on my Kramer instead.

Steven seagull's post made me realize that Ibanez may be able to justify the price of the RG770 reissues if they come with a year of complimentary perms. Or at least a pair of matching spandex pants...

EDIT: Great... now I have the image of a seagull in pink spandex stuck in my brain...
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
^ I completely agree. I almost bought one of those but decided on my Kramer instead.

Steven seagull's post made me realize that Ibanez may be able to justify the price of the RG770 reissues if they come with a year of complimentary perms. Or at least a pair of matching spandex pants...

EDIT: Great... now I have the image of a seagull in pink spandex stuck in my brain...

don't forget the white fingerless gloves too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com