Page 1 of 2
Which amp has the best gain at the budget of at max 250 dollar new? Already have a cube but i dont want to mess with an eq pedal so something with eq and that has good gain?
Quote by dlmebag
Crate Flexwave 120w combo for $200 at guitar center.

That's actually a horrible amp, even for practice. I don't think you'll get a better amp with high gain for your budget other than the cube.
Hmm i live in turkey and we dont have guitar centers here xD and 120w is too much to use in my house tbh.
Quote by guitar/bass76
That's actually a horrible amp, even for practice. I don't think you'll get a better amp with high gain for your budget other than the cube.

Yeah but it doesnt have an eq!! i dont want to buy a pedal because of this... if there is an amp with an eq already i will go with that...
Quote by blind.quardian
Yeah but it doesnt have an eq!! i dont want to buy a pedal because of this... if there is an amp with an eq already i will go with that...

Why not buy an EQ pedal you can reuse instead of buying a practice amp that you're going to dump in a while anyways?
an eq pedal only runs about 100 and the cube is already your best bet. why so stubborn about pedals?
(signature removed, please choose another)
I dont want to buy an eq pedal cos i dont think it will solve my problems....how are line 6 spiders?
Quote by blind.quardian
I dont want to buy an eq pedal cos i dont think it will solve my problems....how are line 6 spiders?

1) how wouldn't an eq pedal solve your problem or no eq
2) use the search on the line 6
^ A Danelectro or Behringer will only set you back a buck or 30.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Cube and Eq pedal would be the best, as you get ddiffernet types of high gain if you have a cube 30 or 60
Quote by blind.quardian
damn i cant even adjust the gain level with this cube

Up, a little to the left, right there! A gain knob.
Quote by lizarday
Ow how clever never saw that thanks a lot.....you really think i would be writing it if it really worked? lol
The mxr 10 band EQ has a gain control I believe.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
dude i say save up and buy used something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crate-V16-Palamino-All-Tube-amp_W0QQitemZ140245509851QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they go for the about the same all the time so no worries there.

if your thinking of getting the line 6 dont bother your bettor of with the cube, the 6 could have a ten knob EQ and your still left with a pile of ****.

either save up or stay with the amp you have.

and i seriusly doubt that the EQ pedal is ganna do much on the cube. for sure on a tube amp but its not ganna do much for the cube or anyother modeler.
not what youre looking for, but i thought i might throw this out there...theres a tiny portable amp called the Supro Lil Smokey thats designed for high gain, but only has 1w, a 2 inch speaker, runs on a 9v battery and sounds like a transistor radio. saw it on ebay for $26 or so, and they make em out of a cigarette pack! thought it was funny so i bought one for the hell of it. its a cool little joke of an amp...

ok, back to the thread...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VTXL-15W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483003
never played one personally but that suppose to be the higher gain valvetronix
maybe you should check one of those out
id say get a tube amp but it would be really hard to find a high gain tube amp for $200.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Last edited by shredzilla at Jul 4, 2008,
the valvetronix are alright but there missing some grit if you ask me.

why dont you just get a bigger cube?
So ok i will have to look into an eq pedal again...and please dont advice me a tube something like that. even if i had money for that i cant buy it because its loud lol. and also for high gain and eq a normal ss amp and a good distortion pedal would be better than micro cube? or will it be worse or same?
Quote by blabermouth5
the valvetronix are alright but there missing some grit if you ask me.

why dont you just get a bigger cube?

the bigger cube doesnt have a proper eq as well there is a eq on it but it does nothing.
Either you played tons of failing cubes or you're tone deaf as fuck.
Quote by lizarday
Lol guys does the eq of cube 30x really effect the sound? or is it just there like micro cubes tone knob? you know when you change the bass treble and especcialy middle does it really make any difference? if yes i can get a 30x instead of micro and eq...
Save up a couple hundred.

Buy a used Peavey 5150 when you have the dough .
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by blind.quardian
Lol guys does the eq of cube 30x really effect the sound? or is it just there like micro cubes tone knob? you know when you change the bass treble and especcialy middle does it really make any difference? if yes i can get a 30x instead of micro and eq...

that's what it's there for.......
yea thats what its there for but on my friends cube he turns the mid all the way up and down and near to nothing changes in sound... so?? and slaytanic i would like to buy a 5150 but really i cant turn the volume up with it at my house.
Quote by blind.quardian
yea thats what its there for but on my friends cube he turns the mid all the way up and down and near to nothing changes in sound... so?? and slaytanic i would like to buy a 5150 but really i cant turn the volume up with it at my house.

Ah, you should've specified (if you did, I must not have read it).

Uhh...the Cube sounds like the best choice then.

And, you are tone deaf. Either that, or your friend puts every other setting to ten. If so, there will be no difference in anything.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
So the eq of the cube 30x makes different in sound when you change it like it does with a marshall mg15dfx or a mesa triple rectifier or any other amp
Quote by blind.quardian
So the eq of the cube 30x makes different in sound when you change it like it does with a marshall mg15dfx or a mesa triple rectifier or any other amp

no, it's just there to look pretty
Quote by blind.quardian

Yes. Yes. Yes.

If you can't hear the difference then it must be broken.
Yea if youre gonna make fun with your small brain go ahead...im not asking this just because a idea came to me from nowhere. my friend had a 20x and its eq was nothing like a eq...
Page 1 of 2