i love to play the guitar but im not very good at it. i practice and can't afford lessons. what should i do?

edit: I should probably stop posting that
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
TS, dont listen to him. u have a problem and would like help. i hate ppl like that. they can be right bastards sumtimes.

anywayz on topic: practice is the best way to get better. try to learn some songs or solos you think you wouldnt be able to play then gradually get to be able to play them. then u will get better trust me
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Holy **** ACG that's amazing

And for TS, just keep on practising, you can learn alot from the lessons on UG.
I'm self taught for nearly 2 years now and I'm - with all due respect - 'better' than my friends who have had lessons.
Being self taught allows you to explore everything anytime, and find your area of expertise in my opinion.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Google is your friend.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by _InsanitY_
TS, dont listen to him. u have a problem and would like help. i hate ppl like that. they can be right bastards sumtimes.

anywayz on topic: practice is the best way to get better. try to learn some songs or solos you think you wouldnt be able to play then gradually get to be able to play them. then u will get better trust me

+94545463463463463463463434e2341234123412341234123412341234123412
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Look on Google. There's some great lessons to help you out. Youtube is also another good site if you can find someone who knows what they're talking about.

Just whatever you do, do not give up. That is the weakest thing you could do. Just persevere. I never had lessons, but I can still play quite well for only 2 years.
Quote by Wigert
Google is your friend.

Ultimate-Guitar is too. He asked a guitar-related question, why can't he ask it on a guitar-related FORUM without assholes telling him to use Google? Might as well make ultimate-guitar.com redirect to google.com .

TS, something that REALLY helps if you're stuck in a rut is start listening to broad types of music. Jazz, Fusion, Latin, Blues, Progressive, etc. Draw influences from them all and you'll have more to try and learn. Also, try and learn and master new techniques such as legato, sweeping, alternate picking, etc.
Quote by notsogood
i love to play the guitar but im not very good at it. i practice and can't afford lessons. what should i do?

Go here and seek wisdom. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=9
Good people there that will help you out.
This is the pit. You come here to have your dreams crushed and ego smashed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
keep playing lol, do the simple practices like going thru frets: 1-2-3-4 chromatically on all strings, faster and faster, without looking etc. Listen to simple riffs like Nirvana, learn them, continue as you get better, get to know the fretboard. Theory stuff. and ofc study ACG's comic. it's teh truth!
i'm mostly into metal but and the electric guitar but im not in to screamo . i dont want to play the same riff over and over again.
Last edited by notsogood at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by notsogood
i'm mostly into metal but and the electric guitar but i hate that screaming crap. i dont want to play the same riff over and over again.

UG rule #1. Don't use "insert genre here" and crap in the same sentence.
Again. Go to this forum. It's purpose is to assist new guitarists.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=9
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I started in Youtube. Just search "How to play "insert song here," or try
"beginner guitar lesson." And also, learn to tune your guitar.

Here's the path I took:
1. Learned a song I liked. My first song was "Justicia, tierra y libertad."
2. Learn the so called " pentatonic scales."
3. Learn another song.
4. Learn how chords are made.
5. Techniques, more scales, and keys

Those steps worked out pretty well for me. And remember, practice,
practice, PRACTICE. You won't be able to play like Santana in a day.
Well, I hope that helped. Good luck, soldier.

1. Practice
2. Practice
3. PRACTICE!
4. ????
5. Profit!
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/

look for stuff on youtube or elsewhere on the internet. Practice is important so practice whenever you can. And if you think your'e crap, just remember it took your favourite guitarists along time to get where they are today.
Quote by notsogood
i'm mostly into metal but and the electric guitar but i hate that screaming crap. i dont want to play the same riff over and over again.

also harsh vocals are an aquired taste. But i hate bands that do just scream about their love life.............even though they're happily married