So I have a show today and I've had a sore throat, having been singing even remotely okay for days and I told my band I didn't want to practice yesterday to save my voice in the slightest and they didn't buy it so I'm here this morning waiting to play tonight and I can't even talk.

I'm charging up on tea, downing honey from the bottle straight and about to go get some cough drops.

Is there any magical potion or certain spells I could cast to heal my throat? Any tips or advice would be appreciated I'm kinda panicing.
Maybe you should stop sucking penis.

hardy har har

Anyways, just don't talk for the rest of the day. Follow the steps other people say also.
Quote by DrSeuss
Why no tea?

Tea is hot, and it could possibly further irritate your throat.

As said before, ice cream usually works wonders for me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Tea actually doesn't have any effect on the throat, but the warm liquid certainly does, or so this is what I've been told. The lemon will help like n47713 suggested. Whenever I have a sore throat, and need to sing, I drink TONS of water. Just every opportunity you get, down a glass of water.
Quote by n47713
dont drink tea, in fact, no dairy! lemon tea with no milk.

Yeah, don't drink tea, drink lemon tea with no milk....

>_> What?

Anyway. Simple: Shut up.

Don't talk until the show.
I've been told that cold things make it worse when you have to sing, and that warm things are better. But that contradicts someone up there so i dont know.
Quote by DrSeuss
So I have a show today and I've had a sore throat, having been singing even remotely okay for days and I told my band I didn't want to practice yesterday to save my voice in the slightest and they didn't buy it so I'm here this morning waiting to play tonight and I can't even talk.

I'm charging on tea,
downing honey from the bottle straight and about to go get some cough drops.

Is there any magical potion or certain spells Icould cast to heal my throat? Any tips or advice would(WOOD) be appreciated I'm kinda panicing.

Thats what she said.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
^ rude
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Quote by severed-metal
Maybe you should stop sucking penis.

hardy har har

Anyways, just don't talk for the rest of the day. Follow the steps other people say also.

Don't drink tea. Dry throat you know. Iced cream ftw.
Quote by indra13
You know, the thought of me marrying my cousin (from my previous post) crossed my mind several times. She's basically everything I'm looking for! That's why I was really devastated when I found out she's getting hitched in February next year
wtf? people drink tea with milk?

anyways, avoid dairy, ice cream, coffee, anything too cold or too hot. also try this: take a glass of water and add lemon juice to it, add a considerable amount, then add some honey and drink it, it does great to your vocal chords. you may also get more replies in the only vocal thread at musician talk
above all things don't talk, and DONT WHISPER

whispering is harsher than screaming (for me at least)
i have a 'white guitar'