Can someone check these guitars out for me? I am a beginner, and I want to see whether they are a good starter set.

Please base which one you pick on quality and value-its all of the packages.

http://www.guitars.co.uk/acatalog/Proprietors_Choice.html

I'm looking for something in the region of £150+, but am willing to spend up to 200 if it is worth it.

EDIT:I'm particularly interested in the £99 package, can someone check that one (I know it isn't the best, but if I start playing guitar and don't like it I wouldn't want to have wasted my money, and think of it as a beginner guitar), oh, and please comment if the amp is good for a beginner.
Last edited by NKF176 at Jul 7, 2008,
Oh heay, and please don't tellme which guitar set i should get, I just want a rating on this one.
Guitar is rubbish, but at least it's not a sodding Squier. If you're serious about anything you'll want a new one two months in. Other than that looks like a pretty generic deal, rather expensive though.
I know you don't want recommendations on other ones, but this one seems too expensive for a starter set: I would have thought it'd be better to get a cheaper starter set with worse guitar and amp, and then buy new ones if you get into it.
All the stuff that's thrown in is useful I suppose, and I've heard Arias are semi-decent, but you'll be wanting new equipment soon.
id disagree YourVillain.

squiers are surprisingly good.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
It's a little expensive, but it has humbuckers, so if you plan on staying away from pop-rock (please say you do) then it might not be a bad idea.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Squiers aren't bad. It's one of those internet rumors. Once acouple of people hate something, everyone does. Ask any guitarist who doesn't visit forums or use the internet and he'll tell you they're good beginner guitars. Same goes for Marshall MGs and Line 6 Spiders. They're actually not bad. They're just not that good.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
philipp you're on the spec ops forums aren't you?

Anyway, I'm proud to say that I own both a Marshall MG and a Squier
Squiers are ok for starters i guess but are pretty crap once u play for awhile.. if u have the cash just get a intermediate guitar. Don't waste cash upgrading once you get better and realised your guitar is holding you back.
dude, squiers are made cheap. Mexican-made guitars aren't as good as American guitars, but they're priced better, so it could go either way.
Bobtoast2

Buttery Goodness is all right here
i have a very expensive guitar (fender amerian deluxe) and i have a squire too. i dont think the squire is too bad. you should get it and learn on it, then upgrade.
Quote by Eclipse1719
philipp you're on the spec ops forums aren't you?

Anyway, I'm proud to say that I own both a Marshall MG and a Squier

Hey yeah I am! lol

Whats your user name?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
spaded ace

no, out of his price bracket, i hear yamaha pacifica's are good for first guitar, very reliable, that guitar seems pretty crappy
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
i love my squier also..

you're deal seems expensive, going off one pound roughly equals a US dollar.

I can walk into a store (target) and pick up a fender, amp etc. for $199.

Plus how much is shipping???

_________

_________

Patrick
4jacks
email
you're deal seems expensive, going off one pound roughly equals a US dollar.
It's more like £2:$1 atm.

Personally, I'd get a Squier or a lower-range epiphone. Got my G-310 for £139, and it plays wonderfully. No fret buzz issues, my only complaint is that the pickups could be more trebly.
Also, i'm rather interested in the £100 package, is it worth it? And what is the amp like?
I would think that the epiphone acoustic guitar for 100 dollars would be a better start.
You wouldn't have to worried about gargled amp noises ruining your sound.
Quote by MopMaster
It's more like £2:$1 atm.

Personally, I'd get a Squier or a lower-range epiphone. Got my G-310 for £139, and it plays wonderfully. No fret buzz issues, my only complaint is that the pickups could be more trebly.

yup, sorry, I think i was thinking of another thread.

That doesn't seem like that bad of a deal anymore. as long as they don't rip you off on shipping.

_________

_________

Patrick
4jacks
email