Well there is one thread on this topic, and it was closed because the guy was a dick, but there is no reason to close a thread pointing out blatant copying, so here.

Viva la Vida by Coldplay sounds just like If I could fly by Satriani.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFw9DKu_I <proof

I love both songs actually, but I never noticed the similarities till it was pointed out to me... Anyone notice it right away?
It already sounded like an other song.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
you can't say a song that vocals copied an all instrumental sound (in this case). Of course with tens of thousands of artists putting out song around the world you will have some that sound similar...
ehhh, i dont know, close, but in different contexts, dynamics, etc... I love If I Could Fly, prob my fav satch song, but eh...
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
I don't think anyone has blatently copied here. Although satch sounds perfect with the song.

Pretty much any coldplay you listen to for the first time sounds like you've heard it before.
Instead of accusing. I love what he did at the end of the video by combining the songs. That sounded pretty ****ing sweet.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by KingJustinian25
you can't say a song that vocals copied an all instrumental sound (in this case). Of course with tens of thousands of artists putting out song around the world you will have some that sound similar...

Chord progression is very similar and in Instrumentals the guitar is most often the melody (or in shred at least) and when comparing his vocals to the guitar its pretty close...
everybody has probably copied off someone else without knowing it. I mean there's only SO much you can play that still sounds good unless you're Steve Vai and you "shred"

Seriously. like 50% of all songs have the same structure and the same main chords in the rhythm. it's no biggie though unless you copy it directly and claim you made it up
If I could Fly is my favorite satch song, they only have the first two notes even similar.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
It doesn't really matter because Coldplay are just bollocks.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
It's true unfortunately. Here's a photo of the two together. It's sad chris turned to songplagiarizing.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That sounded awesome together..
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG

Yeah, they should of brought on Satch to play a solo like that for the song.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Coldplay are ass. Joe Satriani is the bomb.

Quote by ACG

Actually, Satriani just made it sound awesome.
Quote by Kensai
It's true unfortunately. Here's a photo of the two together. It's sad chris turned to songplagiarizing.

lmao
Quote by Roookie
Coldplay are ass. Joe Satriani is the bomb.

Actually, Satriani just made it sound awesome.

Well they sort of complemented each other.

You're just in denial for enjoying a "pop song"
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
not this again....
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

Quote by NintendoDS
Just like when Dream theatre copied the super mario theme. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RfAz35yhn7U

haha what the heck was that?
?
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
man stop giving coldplay ****, u either like them or u dont, but keep ur opinions to yourselves. both songs are great, the melody of both songs are similar, just leave it at that.

btw, the two songs mixed sounded pretty sweet
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by ACG

+1

Pretty cool hearing Chris' voice over it.

And, my thoughts on this irrelevant matter?

Who cares? The only people who will complain are people who don't like Coldplay, because it just gives them more reason to make up lame excuses to dislike a band for petty reasons (in most cases, I completely understand some people have very valid reasons).

They sound similar. Fine. It's going to happen. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it won't be the last.

A local band near me called Out Beds are Time Machines wrote a song called "You Don't Need Orange Sherbert", and its intro riff is basically IDENTICAL to 65daysofstatic's "This Cat is a Landmine". I commented their Myspace about, simply to say that I thought I had heard that riff before, and that I simply thought it was cool.

They had never even heard of the band or the song.

The be blunt, it doesn't matter. Like the song? Listen to it. You don't like it? Don't listen to it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
LOL! I was just watching the video and went "wtf, this sounds exactly like subdivisions by Rush...video must have the wrong audio file," then I realized that iTunes was on playing subdivisions...