so today while i was working. i was listening to the radio as usual. 94.9. so this guy came on and it was an old recording talking about the meaning of the pledge of allegiance. and in the end, he repeated it and the phrase 'under god' was removed. and i couldnt believe it. on independence day, removing words from the pledge of allegiance. while we are in the midst of war. and our friends and family are fighting for that phrase. anyome else think that removing the phrase 'under god' is completely wrong and just...well..wrong.

-there are no athiests in foxholes.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
braaaaaaaaiiiiiin waaaaaaaaaaashing

obviously a radio station controlled by the government

1st post
Why are you in a memorial group for Nick Grundy. He's alive and doing well, you know.
It means your not cool enough to be an American.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
so today while i was working. i was listening to the radio as usual. 94.9. so this guy came on and it was an old recording talking about the meaning of the pledge of allegiance. and in the end, he repeated it and the phrase 'under god' was removed. and i couldnt believe it. on independence day, removing words from the pledge of allegiance. while we are in the midst of war. and our friends and family are fighting for that phrase. anyome else think that removing the phrase 'under god' is completely wrong and just...well..wrong.

...really shows stupidity aye?

fighting for a prhase, no you are fighting for democracy in a country so conservative that they don't want it.
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be

What does that cliches have to do with anything?
America isn't exactly dug in.
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be

I find that incredibly insulting to my friends that are out in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. None of them are religious at all, they don't pray.

Suck it up. Not everyone is religious, or believing in some sort of god.
That's the way the world is.
I think removing it is completely legitimate.

The phrase "under God" being printed on everything and being said in our Pledge is contradictory to the 1st Amendment. I don't mind "Under God" being in the Pledge really, as I never say "under God" when I do the pledge and I believe that more important issues exist, but it does offend some people and I find it reasonable that people want it removed.

Either remove it or remove the 1st Amendment. Your choice.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by FelixJZ
Why are you in a memorial group for Nick Grundy. He's alive and doing well, you know.

oh. whoops.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
America technically has no official religion. Under god should not be there in the first place as it's demeaning to those who don't believe in god and who are American. At least that's the concept.

Us Euros see the pledge as very, very wrong. I won't even mention which countries had something similar last...
If you think any speech or words at all have anything to do with loving your country, you're sadly mistaken.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.