i opened it up and removed all the electronics cuz i thought i would try to do a simple hi-cut mod. i realized that it was a bad idea when i saw how much stuff was crammed inside the casing. i decided to abort this project. so i somehow managed to get everything back inside and all closed up again. so i plugged it back in, turned it on, and no delay signal. i have the raw signal that still comes thru, but no delay effect.

holy crap am i FREAK'N PISSED OFF now!

what happened? did i touch something on the circuit board that wound up frying? possibly, maybe, that square black chip?
Quote by BrickIsRed
I think the important question is, did you void the warranty?

its from the late 80s... i think its out of warranty
on the bright side, i suppose its NEW DELAY TIME!!! woo hooooo

hello MXR Carbon Copy
have you put the plastic circuit cover back in on top of the solder side (before the bottom cover goes on) you may have shorted something.
BTW the DD-7 is fantastic if you're thinking of upgrading
Quote by Entrant_21
have you put the plastic circuit cover back in on top of the solder side (before the bottom cover goes on) you may have shorted something.

yup

>> BTW the DD-7 is fantastic if you're thinking of upgrading

i'll take a look at that one
i'm also looking at the tone pad Rebote 2.5 DIY pedal
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=98

i could get the pre-cut circuit board and all the electronics and solder it together by using the diagram. i can see the schematics show that it has input and output, the diagram doesn't. the diagram also doesn't show where the battery gets hooked up to.
Quote by sethp
i'm also looking at the tone pad Rebote 2.5 DIY pedal
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=98

i could get the pre-cut circuit board and all the electronics and solder it together by using the diagram. i can see the schematics show that it has input and output, the diagram doesn't. the diagram also doesn't show where the battery gets hooked up to.

If you want you could send the DD-3 to me and il look at it to try and diagnose the problem.

Oh and the rebote..I've heard its good, but its nearly the same as a denelectro fab echo, but with an adjustable delay time. I modified mine to have a delay control. Both the fab echo and the Rebote have a max of about 350-400ish mS of delay before they start getting really lo-fi. So if youre a long delay person I wouldnt recommend them!
Check out either memory man, imo theyre way better.
Gibson SG Standard
MIJ 57 Fender Strat

Marshall JVM & Fender Blues Junior NOS

Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS1, EHX Big Muff, EHX Digital Delay, MXR Dyna Comp
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is there by any chance you have fixed the pedal? I want to modify my friend's dd-3 but after what happened to you, I might back out..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is there by any chance you have fixed the pedal? I want to modify my friend's dd-3 but after what happened to you, I might back out..

i brought it to a local tech to be looked at.
when i opened the thing up, all the guts sort of sprang out like a jack-in-the-box. i tried to stuff it all back inside but it was a serious PITA
Did you try using it while the cover is open? And all wirings and pcb are like not squeezing each other.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
Did you try using it while the cover is open? And all wirings and pcb are like not squeezing each other.

don't remember, but i don't think i did. that thing really needs bigger housing though
Quote by Schism1985
it's quite possible that BOSS changed the setup/scaled down the circuit board at least slightly since the late 80s tho.

Like 3 times I think. I had mine last year. It was the latest. I bought it new and it sounded sh*t. Harsh Hi. Really harsh. It's delaying an overdriven delay. Broke down a couple of weeks later. Then a tech told me that new dd-3's IC are unreliable. Sold it to someone as defective. Then I made a rebote delay. Really great delay. Greater than the most marketed analog delays in the market. Like the carbon copy and memory man.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at May 6, 2009,