I've been playing guitar for about a year again, and I've got a couple full songs, I can play some metallica/black sabbath solos, etc...but I haven't bothered learning theory, I'd like to know how to create my own riffs and have them musically, make sense, not just things I pull out of my ass.

Where do I start? Is their a good website out their?
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
The wonders of the circle of fifths shall aid you in your times of need. Basic scales and modes are important too. Learning piano as a second instrument also often helps when learning theory. There are tons of articles in the column section on theory. A style of music that might help you learn faster is jazz, there's just so much theory.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by Roge23
Learn some scales.
Vague...please ignore.

Quote by iron_maiden93
The wonders of the circle of fifths shall aid you in your times of need. Basic scales and modes are important too. Learning piano as a second instrument also often helps when learning theory. There are tons of articles in the column section on theory. A style of music that might help you learn faster is jazz, there's just so much theory.
Ridiculous.

Quote by tona_107
That's a great lesson, save the incorrect section on the circle of fifths (which I'm working on fixing). It starts off with the very basics for which you need to know basically nothing, and prepares you to study more advanced material. Finally, it has solid explanations on those advanced topics.

I strongly suggest wprking through that lesson at a slow pace. Feel free to ask questions about it, however, ask a question; "Explain this to me" posts do not get a response.
I'd recommend going onto the main page of this site, and searching for the column 'the crusade' it covers all the basics in an easy to understand way.