No argument. GnR at the release of appetite would have owned the face off the foo fighters.
Thats retarded you cant compare the two

thats like comparing metal work and cheese, both great in their own right but you wouldnt eat both...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
That was actually really cool how well they went together

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Foo Fighters... Dave Grohl should have quit playing music after Cobain died. There's no helping that crappy Foo song anyways, even by adding Sweet Child, one of the best rock ballads.
Quote by indra13
You know, the thought of me marrying my cousin (from my previous post) crossed my mind several times. She's basically everything I'm looking for! That's why I was really devastated when I found out she's getting hitched in February next year
Quote by Leper Messiah
That was actually really cool how well they went together

+1 to the only person I assume watched the video...
Quote by sraydn
Foo Fighters... Dave Grohl should have quit playing music after Cobain died. There's no helping that crappy Foo song anyways, even by adding Sweet Child, one of the best rock ballads.

Shut up!! Both bands are great, and this mash up of two of their best works is really cool, works really well. Go learn what the word 'opinion' means and put it in context.

EDIT: I think I just found one better. It's a Metallica vs. Michael Jackson. Really cool how this one actually works perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1NrGoFTfyc&feature=related
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Last edited by dgme92 at Jul 4, 2008,
I love the Foos, and GNR! So for me, I really like how that has turned out. It's awesome, IMO
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
I know what opinion means dumb ass, and my opinion of Grohl is that he should have been the one to shoot himself with a shotgun. Hell, maybe he shot Cobain. Maybe that hole Courtney shot him. Grohl sucks as a songwriter, and he sucks as a singer.

IMO, My opinion>Your Opinion
Quote by indra13
You know, the thought of me marrying my cousin (from my previous post) crossed my mind several times. She's basically everything I'm looking for! That's why I was really devastated when I found out she's getting hitched in February next year
Quote by dgme92
EDIT: I think I just found one better. It's a Metallica vs. Michael Jackson. Really cool how this one actually works perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1NrGoFTfyc&feature=related

That is awesome. Like you say, they fit perfectly.

This was the best I could find: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3CTJqwX-AwM
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
i'm in the sigs of two UGers in this thread.

I'm a filthy little internet whore
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by sraydn
I know what opinion means dumb ass, and my opinion of Grohl is that he should have been the one to shoot himself with a shotgun. Hell, maybe he shot Cobain. Maybe that hole Courtney shot him. Grohl sucks as a songwriter, and he sucks as a singer.

IMO, My opinion>Your Opinion

And IMO, mine > yours.

The Foos are one of the mot respected and widely liked bands in the industry. You can't pin off Dave just because he used to be in Nirvana. The Foo Fighters have created some of the best songs in the past 11 years, and they are one of the only ones to stay CONSISTENTLY good. They create actually meaningful music and also can make it rock, which many bands can't do.

Just remember.

Quote by Msu_Man04
And IMO, mine > yours.

Thank you.

EDIT: For the record, I am also a GN'R fan, so don't say I'm just hating Guns N' Roses (if you were going to) (you = anyone).
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Msu_Man04
And IMO, mine > yours.

The Foos are one of the mot respected and widely liked bands in the industry. You can't pin off Dave just because he used to be in Nirvana. The Foo Fighters have created some of the best songs in the past 11 years, and they are one of the only ones to stay CONSISTENTLY good. They create actually meaningful music and also can make it rock, which many bands can't do.

Just remember.

Thank you.

EDIT: For the record, I am also a GN'R fan, so don't say I'm just hating Guns N' Roses (if you were going to) (you = anyone).

Maybe he's just pissy that HIS favourite band can't sell out Wembley Stadium.

Unless his favourite band is Muse anyway.. However, Muse are good - so he probably doesn't like them.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Quote by Will D
Maybe he's just pissy that HIS favourite band can't sell out Wembley Stadium.

Unless his favourite band is Muse anyway.. However, Muse are good - so he probably doesn't like them.

I've been hearing a lot about Muse lately... maybe I should check them out; I've never heard anything but 'Supermassive Black Hole,' and I only barely remember how it goes.
Quote by Msu_Man04
I've been hearing a lot about Muse lately... maybe I should check them out; I've never heard anything but 'Supermassive Black Hole,' and I only barely remember how it goes.

They're pretty damn good, but I think they're one of those Love 'em or Hate 'em bands. Very distinctive style.

But for songs to check out I'd say:

Hysteria
Plug In Baby
Time Is Running Out
Stockholm Syndrome
Micro Cuts
Starlight
Exopolitics

JUST to start you off and ease you in to their style.

I'm not a huge fan however, so someone else should be able to add more

*realises he's gone massively off-topic*

So yeah... That video's cool.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Last edited by Will D at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Will D
They're pretty damn good, but I think they're one of those Love 'em or Hate 'em bands. Very distinctive style.

But for songs to check out I'd say:

Hysteria
Plug In Baby
Time Is Running Out
Stockholm Syndrome
Micro Cuts
Starlight
Exopolitics

JUST to start you off and ease you in to their style.

I'm not a huge fan however, so someone else should be able to add more

*realises he's gone massively off-topic*

So yeah... That video's cool.

I have the guitar pro file for Hysteria, I must say it sounds pretty cool.

I tried downloading the MP3 off of their myspace, but it quit downloading during the 'chorus' (the Times Like These chorus). I'll try it again. From what I heard, it's cool.
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Jul 4, 2008,
That worked really well Sounded great.

I personally prefer Foos, by some distance, but thats not really what this thread is about. Im not going into an internet opinion battle, because they are about as pointless as a cock flavoured lollipop. But the mash up worked really well. How can people say they dont fit? They are the same tempo, and dont clash in any place.
Last edited by frusciante_50 at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Hammerzeit
Guns N Roses at least used to be good. The Foo's have always been wank.

My point exactly. Sorry if my opinion doesn't flow with anyone else's, but I never could get with the Foo Fighters since their debut. I don't like his voice, I don't like their rhythms, and if their music is the best in the pass 10 or 11 years, then it's a sad decade for rock.
Quote by indra13
Quote by epitaph0x
+1 to the only person I assume watched the video...

No, I already know the video and it's pretty cool.
am I the only one bothered by calling them the foo foos?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
No, I already know the video and it's pretty cool.

Sorry man,

late post...
That vid is awesome. Although you can't really compare the two. They're too different. GNR has better musicians though.
This has got to be the coolest sig you've ever read.