Page 1 of 2
Anarkee suggested I do a UROTM so here it is.

================

The basses
I use Dunlop straplocks and Planet Waves straps with all my basses.

Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass
My first bass, I call Sid for obviouis reasons. Not a lot to say about this, most of you have seen the great reviews. Strung with (dead) Rotosound Swing 66 strings. I don't play it much but when I do I enjoy it. I like to use it for a nice dub, reggae, ska like tone.

Fender Deluxe Active Precision Special
Great thumping P tone. I like to roll the knob over for some jazz pickup when I slap. Strung with D'Addario ECB81 Chromes flatwound strings. This bass has a great feel and is set up perfect. The finish is just beautiful. I replaced the stock bridge with a gotoh bridge.

Ernie Ball Music Man SUB Sterling
I absolutely love this bass. Strung with Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies, and made in the USA. I believe it was made in 2006. I put a white pearl pickguard on because I hated original. The headstock and neck are black. Textured blue finish which is near impossible to scratch. It looks and sounds just as great as regular Sterling. Don't call it a copy

================

The amp

Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II/Gallien-Kruger 410RBH
My dream tone. Ive had it for a little over a week. Volume knob still hasn't gone past 12. It sounds amazing. $900 for a cab is expensive IMO but I didn't want to worry about having to buy a cab ever again. With this setup I can't make a mistake. The tone is so crisp and clear. Depending which bass im using I can get any tone I want. With a pick and my P I can get a great pop punk/punk tone, with my Sterling I can get an orgasmic slap and aggressive fingerstyle tone. I use a 6 foot Monster bass cable and a 15 foot bright yellow Horzion cable.

I still have my Crate BT50, its a nice combo especially for the price.

================

The pedals
My pedal board is a shelf from an ikea dvd locker lol, it gets the job done.

BOSS ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
This pedal gets a lot of mixed reviews. It sounded decent with my Crate BT50. I was pretty disappointed at first but with my new amp it sounds great. Its more of a fuzz than a overdrive but it gets me the sounds I want.

DOD FX25b
Its a neat little envelope filter. Great for $40. It sounds best with active basses.

Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah
It does what a wah is suppose to. Fun and funky.

================

The girl
I started playing guitar when I was 7 but I didn't stick with it. I played drum set and xylophone in middle school jazz band. I played trumpet all through school including high school marching band. I started playing bass in May 07 and ive played it nearly everyday since. I'm 18, music is my main interest. My favorite bassists are Flea, Tim Commerford, Chris Wolstenholme, Juan Alderete and Dirk Lance. They all use or have used jazz basses but I really am not a fan of the j bass. Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.

If anybody has any questions just ask.
Last edited by Miss G at Jul 5, 2008,
Very nice stuff you have there!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Nice basses = ] and nice amp, and its cool you put a bit of background at the end, gave it the personal touch!! = ]
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
gorgeous VM P bass, finally gettin mine next week
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
very nice!

all those are great instruments.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You're like a weird reggae version of Flea.

In any case, very nice rig.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I'm not in a band, id love to be but i'm just waiting for the right people to come along. Next purchase won't be for awhile unless GAS attacks. A 5 string jazz or a Warwick $$ would be nice. G stands for my name which is Gailan.

Thanks for all the replies
Nice Rig and great write up. I love your P basses--you've got a really nice group of gear!
Quote by Miss G
I'm not in a band, id love to be but i'm just waiting for the right people to come along. Next purchase won't be for awhile unless GAS attacks. A 5 string jazz or a Warwick $$ would be nice. G stands for my name which is Gailan.

Thanks for all the replies

I thought you were trying to be 'gangsta'.

just imagine: "I put the G in UG. what's wrong with U?"

Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

You are obviously a n00b, and have not seen any of my other jokes.

Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Lovely rig Miss G, you have just intensified my GAS for a Fender Precision.

signature
As bad as that joke was, I'm considering sigging.... and giving the humanity a couple of rythm points....
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
do it. I get a little kick out of being sigged.
I'll bribe you: 5 rythym points.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by dullsilver_mike
Love the rig, any intent of extending that pedal board in the near future?

Definitely, I love pedals. Since I usually play by myself or with a drummer pedals help keep it fun and interesting.
The humanity...make it ten, I dont care if you've already made me a member of your cabinet in the drum rebellion, I want ten...no twenty rythm points....Im drunk,and thus allowed to make silly demands

to keep this vaugely relevant...that SUB Sterling looks more magnificent everytime I look at it. It's awesome!
Quote by the humanity
I give you 20 for no apparent reason.

kids, this is what happens when you drink: you start liking short scales so much you start a club for them. don't do it, there is only pain.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Ooo I take back the nice things I said to you in Indie's thread...U urself were impressed by the Mustang,I have proof in my inbox, so ha!!!

and Ill have you know that club is flourishing, with over one member!! Two infact!!

Ill be taking those 20 points however....
Quote by the humanity
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Ok--the spam quotient is a bit high in this UROTM....

Miss G, what other pedals are you looking to get? I agree on the ODB-3, its a great fuzz like pedal, but it does what I need it to do, so I'm happy with it as well.
Quote by skippy_moogoose
The humanity...make it ten, I dont care if you've already made me a member of your cabinet in the drum rebellion, I want ten...no twenty rythm points....Im drunk,and thus allowed to make silly demands

to keep this vaugely relevant...that SUB Sterling looks more magnificent everytime I look at it. It's awesome!

Quote by anarkee
Ok--the spam quotient is a bit high in this UROTM....

Miss G, what other pedals are you looking to get? I agree on the ODB-3, its a great fuzz like pedal, but it does what I need it to do, so I'm happy with it as well.

The new Tech 21 VT bass pedal sounds cool, maybe a BOSS CEB-3 bass chorus or a EHX stereo electric mistress, id love the EHX bass micro synth but its pricey.
Last edited by Miss G at Jul 5, 2008,
Thankyou Miss G, now Im GASing for one almost as much as that perfect sandberg I played

and apologies anarkee for any and all spam, I think me and humie got carried away...and yeah I love my ODB-3 also, but soon as the mxr bass fuzz and bass muff come out,Im getting me one or t'other.

and yeah what other pedals you after Miss G?
Quote by the humanity
we both humbly apologize. We offer you these complimentary rythym points.

10 rythym points

Miss G, you have a wonderful rig, and this GSR200 through AB50 using guy is very jealous.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I like the black headstock on the SUB, and the fenders look nice.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
man youve been playing a year and u have so much nice stuff what do you for a living to afford that stuff???

P.S awesome rig btw!!
40 bucks? I'd give you 400 bucks for that DOD! Where'd you even find that?
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
That's a very nice rig
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Man, I dont think Musician's Friend ships internationally. Anyone know where I can get one?
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Wait, you've been playing a year and you have 3 basses, a better amp then half of the bassists i know and 3 basses? DAMNNNNN.
Also how does the sterling play, i've always wanted one D:
Nice rig.
Page 1 of 2