I just saw it, and it was ok. But I have a question. I thought when Hancock and The blonde girl were close together, they were mortal and weak. So how come they could still lift big cement trucks and had their superpowers still etc. early on in the movie? But then later on when will smith gets shot in the liquor store, he is hurt and she isn't even in the same area as him?
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Jul 4, 2008,
a spoiler alert would hav been apreciated.
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
hahaha good thing i already saw it.
to answer your question, cause its a hastily made hollywood movie that puts appeal before quality.
they felt like having a battle between two superheroes, so they did.

either way, don't see it, it was pretty mediocre. i only laughed when a woman asked hancock why he smelled like alcohol and he said "cause i been drinking bitch."

nobody else in the theatre laughed though....
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
good question.. I have no explination, I watched it last night..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
It really didn't make any sense. I thought all the action scenes were pretty sick, but once the bank scene was over there was really no point.
I thought the movie was was pretty good up until you realized Charlize Theron was like Will Smith when she through him and the fridge through the house. Then it just felt rushed, chaotic, and had no story from then on. The only consolation is Charlize Theron makes a very hot superhero.
Be cool.
Quote by jemocam
they didnt mean close physically, they meant like bonding.

Thats what I thought, but then how come when she was shot and laying in the hospital, Hancock kept running away further and then her pulse came back? There are other examples of this also. This is why I am very confused.
Be cool.
Quote by impeachpedro10
i only laughed when a woman asked hancock why he smelled like alcohol and he said "cause i been drinking bitch."

That was the best scene.

"That woman should sew (or sue, Iunno I don't care) you!"
"Well you should sue/sew McDonalds, because they clearly ****ed you up"

Thought that was pretty funny too
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Quote by Lithium717
That was the best scene.

"That woman should sew (or sue, Iunno I don't care) you!"
"Well you should sue/sew McDonalds, because they clearly ****ed you up"

Thought that was pretty funny too

haha yeah. only will smith can pull something like that and make it hillarious
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
They lose their powers over time. Remember she said "you've never lost your powers this quickly before" or something like that. I suppose the first thing to leave is their tough skin, so that's why he was able to get shot. He still had super strength though which is why he could whip the hospital bed at the guy.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG
They lose their powers over time. Remember she said "you've never lost your powers this quickly before" or something like that. I suppose the first thing to leave is their tough skin, so that's why he was able to get shot. He still had super strength though which is why he could whip the hospital bed at the guy.

But how come they still had super power when they fought?
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Quote by thedude051
I just saw it, and it was ok. But I have a question. I thought when Hancock and The blonde girl were close together, they were mortal and weak. So how come they could still lift big cement trucks and had their superpowers still etc. early on in the movie? But then later on when will smith gets shot in the liquor store, he is hurt and she isn't even in the same area as him?

I think it's that towards the end he actually had been around her for a long period of time and it finally took effect (having stayed away from her for 80 years)

Personally I didn't like that movie, and it was TOTALLY ruined by Charlise Theron.

She can't bloody act....
xxx

Let the bodies hit the floor.
Quote by impeachpedro10
hahaha good thing i already saw it.
to answer your question, cause its a hastily made hollywood movie that puts appeal before quality.
they felt like having a battle between two superheroes, so they did.

either way, don't see it, it was pretty mediocre. i only laughed when a woman asked hancock why he smelled like alcohol and he said "cause i been drinking bitch."

I was the only one in the theater who thought anything was funny. I kept cracking up over stupidity within the movie (not because the movie was funny if you're following me) and no one else was laughing.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
What was the point of her making popcorn and the tornados?
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Quote by ACG

think thats what they meant
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
me and my friends all thought it was an awesome movie. the plot was definitely very weak though.

"if you don't move, your head is going up his ass"

*ripping sound*

"oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
^damn!

the best part is when he puts the head up the guys ass and all u see is a bunch of inmates paniking and this latino guy doing the croos on his chest
I saw it today and I loved it. I was abit confused aswell by the power loss etc. But I was so shocked when Charlize Theron threw him.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

Man I loved that movie. My favorite superhero, by far.
My God, it's full of stars!
I wanna see it simply because I'm a Will Smith fanboy. The critics rated it very low though. But they also dissed Bad Boys 2, which I thought was pretty awesome.
It's a good movie as long as you're not expecting to have your mind blown by an intense, complex story line and amazing acting.

As far as entertainment goes, it was a pretty decent film.
i thought it was really good. and xTaVx, the popcorn thing was supposed to be a joke about how theyre "hot" for each other, and since theyre superheroes, theyre hot enough to pop popcorn.

i didnt get the tornadoes.
I loved hancock, the ending was one of the best endings ever, and that almost never happens.
Since the question's already been answered I'm just gonna say I thought it was awesome. I watched it with the intent of being entertained and was. Some great laughs from it as well.

And Hancock has the best attitude of all super heroes ever.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

just saw it, i think it was great
"that woman could sue you"
"you could sue mc donalds because they'v ****ed you up!"
I thought it was great until around the 3/4 mark.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"