I bought a empty cab from avatar, and since they decided to not include a long enough cable i am on my own trying to find a way to connect the speakers together.

I have 2 sets of pos/neg cables that are connected to the input jack of the cab, i know what to do with them. I just bought some 12 gauge wire but it is too thick to fit into the small sliding connecter to go onto the speaker.

Is it dangerous to tape the wires to the connecter on a a speaker?
That'll be fine. As long as there is solid contact it will work. What I'd do though, is cut the connectors on the ends you want to splice, strip the wire, twist them together, solder them, then cover with heat-shrink tubing.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Thanks alot man. I agree with you, I would definitely rather do that but i have no soldering iron nor experience with one
Quote by patriotplayer90
Thanks alot man. I agree with you, I would definitely rather do that but i have no soldering iron nor experience with one

You can also use a wire nut, I think it's called... the plastic things.

It splices the wires together and hold it there.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
15 bucks at radioshack, all you have to do is touch it against the solder material and pull away, it melts it. let it cool, if its not stuck together, repeat.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker