If anybody out there reads this, I'm in dire need of some help. For my solo recordings, I generally use MIDI drums. I import them into the program, then record the audio into it's specific tracks. Playback is great, until I want to mix it all down and export it all as audio (I use a RIFF Wave for this, I encode it as an MP3. or WMA. later). The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to re-record the output and then export that, but I lost the adapter I need for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
You could do it that way. The other way is to run it through a VST instrument, if your software supports those. They automatically get treated as if they were actual audio sounds coming through the master bus.

Alternately, can you go MIDI out from your soundcard to a MIDI in on an external midi device (keyboard, synth module, whatever) and record the output of that back into your recorder?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
You could do it that way. The other way is to run it through a VST instrument, if your software supports those. They automatically get treated as if they were actual audio sounds coming through the master bus.

Alternately, can you go MIDI out from your soundcard to a MIDI in on an external midi device (keyboard, synth module, whatever) and record the output of that back into your recorder?

CT

I'm kind of new to MIDI, sorry. What is a VST instrument, like a MIDI keyboard? If so, I don't have MIDI cables (All my MIDI is through USB). Plus, I'm not feeding anything on this through my soundcard, it's all through an external device (Digitech GNX3000).

Also, the MIDI channel on my software is completely independant, it doesn't run through either of the auxiliary buses or the main buses.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Last edited by Karlboy at Jul 5, 2008,
A VST instrument is a software plugin that runs inside your DAW or other suitable host. It generates audio from your MIDI tracks that is then recordable, editable, etc.
Tweak's Guide has info on MIDI which is nice. It's linked in my sig.

I run Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer and am now using Session Drummer for my e-drums and can record the MIDI but it wont let me record the audio that gets processed and sent to my phones which is odd. Right now I'm thinking of just sending it though my mixer and right back into another audio track using the audio interface.
Oh, thank-you that might help.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Well, I usually have the VST output into a stereo bus, and then bounce that bus into a stereo track so I can record it. It's something best seen with a video.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I usually send each instrument to a respective audio track in the VST folder (toms, snare, kick, room, OH, etc), and freeze the synth, Never had any problems with EZDrummer or Battery, but Session Drummer always gives me issues with playback, freezing, bouncing, etc.