Are all Jazz III picks fairly small? I bought some today but they seem kind of small, are there any other sizes? Thanks.
the jazz III picks are made that small. they kick ass.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
some people say its a wierd transistion to stop playing standard picks and switching to jazz IIIs, but i didn't feel any difference except for a better difference. they're the only picks i use.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Yeah, the transition was wierd, I never thought Id be able to use them, but now theres no going back, I refuse to play without them, Guitarist in my ex band, used to hate me for using them, but when he used them I warned him not to use them too long because you just cant go back.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
Its true. Once you use them long enough, anything else just feels weird.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by travd92
some people say its a wierd transistion to stop playing standard picks and switching to jazz IIIs, but i didn't feel any difference except for a better difference. they're the only picks i use.

this man speaks the truth
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Regular picks feel like boat paddles after using Jazz III's I don't play with anything else anymore. It makes you realize how much pick surface is wasted on regular picks
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
One thing that bugs me about Jazz 3's is the raised surface, which means i can't lick/stick them to my guitar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I use the black jazz III's. I would like to have some of the red ones though, because they are more pointed at the tip. I agree with you on how regular picks feel weird now.

I also like dunlop stubbys.
Quote by kool98769
One thing that bugs me about Jazz 3's is the raised surface, which means i can't lick/stick them to my guitar.

You can use that white poster tack for walls (the putty stuff) It wont hurt the finsh on your guitar, and then you can stick picks to ANYTHING
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
You can use that white poster tack for walls (the putty stuff) It wont hurt the finsh on your guitar, and then you can stick picks to ANYTHING

I don't really care that much, i just find it easier to keep track of them by sticking them to my guitar. Don't want to lose these babies, they're like, 60 cents a pick!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
where the heck do you get yours? Mine are $.35 a piece. You could always buy the bulk pack of 72 and save in the long run
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by GenderConfusedJ
Yeah, the transition was wierd, I never thought Id be able to use them, but now theres no going back, I refuse to play without them, Guitarist in my ex band, used to hate me for using them, but when he used them I warned him not to use them too long because you just cant go back.

And yet your sig says you use purple tortex's...
can you wear the tip of a jazz 3 down. When do you know its time to change a pick?
Quote by GoldenTrees
can you wear the tip of a jazz 3 down. When do you know its time to change a pick?

When your pick goes from this V to this U..

This is a good sign as well...

Quote by IbanezPsycho

i never understood why ibanez made their plecs from 2 halves stuck together like this one! i used to use ibanez gilbert plecs, but got sick of them breaking in 2 all the time, never mind only getting a few days outta them befoe the tips were gone. now i am jazz III all the way

and if you think 60 cents is expensive, i get to pay €1 (about $1.40 for those that dont know). unless of course i buy them in big bags online....
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
Anyone here tried the Ultex ones? Is it true that they're more dynamic and durable than the normal black Jazz? I switched from the black Jazz to the (grey) Tortex not long ago, and prefer the feel of the Tortex...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i use ultex 1.0mm almost all the time if not the ultex its the jazz 3. and yes its true, the ultex pics do last a very long time
I like the way the Ultex Jazz 111's feel but I think the red ones sound a tad brighter and snappier.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by Explorer125
I use the black jazz III's. I would like to have some of the red ones though, because they are more pointed at the tip. I agree with you on how regular picks feel weird now.

I also like dunlop stubbys.

stubbys are cool, ive only seen them once thoug and i only bught 1 its gone now, at first it started wearing down and wasnt any fun to play with anymore, then i losts it
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
how thick are the jazz 3s? are they as stiff as my pink dunlop 96's? is so i might try them

EDIT: and where online can i buy them to ship to the UK?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Jul 24, 2008,
I just got a Jazz III pick (black) and I find it very hard to use and play with. I may just need to practice more using the Jazz III. But as of now I'm sticking to my .88m Snarling Dogs and my 1.0 & 2.0m Big Stubbys.
The stubbys wear out too fast for me. I really wanna try the Ultex Jazz IIIs
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
i swear by jazz III's
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele