Hey guys, i'm in need of a hand.
I'm currently working on a solo project but I want a real kickass rock song that will really stand out, does anyone have a killer riff in the similar style of Motley Crue, Black Stone Cherry, Voodoo Six, ACDC, Aerosmith, GNR, Snakepit?

Any help (and tabs) would be gratefully appeciated.

Your name will be in the album sleeve, if that's worth anything
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Jul 4, 2008,
sorry, a good riff that'll stand out, then a list of bands to sound like

HAHA
hello
Quote by opc100
sorry, a good riff that'll stand out, then a list of bands to sound like

HAHA

I said the similar style of, not to replicate.
And to stand out from the rest of my work on the album.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by BassCatcher
your a joke

Your grammar's a joke.

And why would I be a joke anyway?
Grow up, I was asking for a hand in a guitar related subject, which is what these forums are for.

Now, anyone with an IQ over 50 willing to help?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Hey guys, i'm in need of a hand.
I'm currently working on a solo project but I want a real kickass rock song that will really stand out, does anyone have a killer riff in the similar style of Motley Crue, Black Stone Cherry, Voodoo Six, ACDC, Aerosmith, GNR, Snakepit?

Any help (and tabs) would be gratefully appeciated.

Your name will be in the album sleeve, if that's worth anything

why dont you check the artist you mentioned and try to steal licks from them and combine them and see what you get out of it

doesnt have to be the exact same lick you could modify it adding different techniques

or try getting a capo and play a chord progression you can change the key with the capo

hope that helps a little
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
why dont you check the artist you mentioned and try to steal licks from them and combine them and see what you get out of it

doesnt have to be the exact same lick you could modify it adding different techniques

or try getting a capo and play a chord progression you can change the key with the capo

hope that helps a little

Thanks very much, any particular positions/progressions that would sound good?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
@ altgrunge

I've got a good amount of track already, I've just had writers block over the past week and I want a main song to stick out, like a title track and just wanted a hand on a good riff.

@ PsychomanZ

Point, ok then, a Me & Help from Others project?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I don't know why you would want us to write a riff for you...

If you're going to do that , you may as well plagiarise a riff from one of the bands you mentioned.
There is poetry in despair.
^

I don't mean write a riff for me, that's how I wrote it, but I mean, what goes into writing a riff for you? What do you work around, good tunings, and particular chords that fit well?

Just advise on how to make a plain riff be really something.. help on how a riff is written and what works and why it works.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Oh, I get ya now. I can't help though, because I just play whatever sounds good. I'm not too good on the theory.
There is poetry in despair.
ill tell ya how i avoid writers block...i fire up my trusty groove agent drum machine, pick any ole' BPM and arm a guitar track for recording. Ill jam to the same drum riff for like a 1/2 hour recording anything and everything i did. After about a 1/2 hour i have about 20 riffs i did to that one drum track. Now since its all in time..i just go back and swap around all the different parts i like and didnt like until i have 1 bad ass idea to work with.
Quote by PsychomanZ
ill tell ya how i avoid writers block...i fire up my trusty groove agent drum machine, pick any ole' BPM and arm a guitar track for recording. Ill jam to the same drum riff for like a 1/2 hour recording anything and everything i did. After about a 1/2 hour i have about 20 riffs i did to that one drum track. Now since its all in time..i just go back and swap around all the different parts i like and didnt like until i have 1 bad ass idea to work with.

That is an awesome idea, i'd never of thought of that.
Thanks very much, it's really appreciated!

*hands e-cookie*
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ