Recently my brother and I have been jamming a bit, he plays bass. We've been using the bass part to Little Wing while I improvise over it on guitar. I'm wondering, do you guys know of any similar songs? A good, mellow bassline that isn't too crazy fast or anything would be nice.
All your base are belong to us.
Money- Pink Floyd
Saint John- Cold War Kids
Sunshine of Your Love- Cream
I Will Posess Your Heart- Death Cab For Cutie

also, check the FAQ.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it. The bass forum is kickass.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it. The bass forum is kickass.

sweet.

We get approval!

have fun!

tell your bro to listen to some Jaco Pastorius and Micheal Manring if he starts talking about how good he is.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Wind Cries Mary is another good Hendrix song
Dock of The Bay -- Otis Redding
Running on Faith -- Eric Clapton
Perfect Day -- Lou Reed.
I don't know if you like the Eagles but "The Long Run" and "How Long" have some decent bass lines in them. "Fortunate Son" by C.C.R. has a bass line that's easy but driving at the same time, Pearl Jam has a version of the song too. Joe Walsh, "Rocky Mountain Way"...good easy bass part with a lot of options for the lead.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
"No One Knows" by Green Day comes to mind. Just to say, it's a very nice, slow, and melodic bass line. I say this because people tend to judge bands before they hear some of their stuff. >.<. But really check it out. Here's a link to it.

That and "Soul to Squeeze" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

dont forget me by the chili peppers and +1 for soul to squeeze
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Any Electric Wizard bass line. Funerapolis is one of my favorites of theirs. Also, Black Sabbath has some slow mellow bass lines. Any sludge metal has slow bass lines that generally are fun to play.
HELL YEAH ELECTRIC WIZARD!!!

If you're good enough you can learn some Reverend Bizarre by ear, they're simple, but jsut don't have tabs online. HAIL TEH DOOMZ
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
brain stew by green day, i jammed that w/ my brother... 1 of the only times he actually played the bass. w/e his loss is my gain
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112