ok so i bought a Peavey VK 212 a couple of weeks ago. i really like what i'm getting from it, but i want more.
I've been researching a couple of new speakers and i like what i hear about Hellaton G12H60s and was thinking of replacing the stock speakers from my VK with them.

Another option that i thought of was to get an attenuator. My VK is 100w (i know thats waaayyyy too much, but the deal on craigslist was way to good to ignore ) and i can hardly put it past 1 or 2 when i practice. today i was alone so i wanted to crank it, but at 3 or 4 i had the walls shaking!!! so i think an attenuator will help me get the cranked tube sound.

So which would a better difference for me? Both would cost me somewhere in the $200 area and thats what i'm going to be saving up for. So which do you think should be more important to save up for, which should i get first?

btw, i just got this amp and i'm not interested in selling it for a new amp or downgrading. i want to know how i can make it better.

Thanks
I'd say a speaker swap. You can just pull half of the power tubes and halve the wattage, but you can't fix a crappy speaker so easily.
Get the speakers first. They have a more direct impact on the tone.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Unless you live in someplace like an apartment or a dorm room, then I'd go with a speaker swap first.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
You should get warehouse speakers. Cheaper than Celestions, and are supposedly better. I got the Veteran 30(Vintage 30 clones) and they sound totally awesome