hey guys,
i thoguht about putting this in the pit seeing as how its not asking an actual question or anything but ya, everyone in the pit just talks about masturbation so

ya, i changed the strings on my ibanez today, and ive always liked the floating trem and ive only changed the strings about 5 times .. +2 times when i had to get it set up in the last year but everytime i leave the bridge even with the body, but its kinda hard to get some speed muting

so i tilted the bridge more likeee
\ _____
--------- \ ------ \

instead of

_______
-------------------------
haha if thaty makes sense
but anyway,. long post :| so ya, anyone every do anything like that with a flaoting trem and it improved ur playing?

sowwwwy its so long
Picture?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by 6-string-yay
hey guys,
i thoguht about putting this in the pit seeing as how its not asking an actual question or anything but ya, everyone in the pit just talks about masturbation so

ya, i changed the strings on my ibanez today, and ive always liked the floating trem and ive only changed the strings about 5 times .. +2 times when i had to get it set up in the last year but everytime i leave the bridge even with the body, but its kinda hard to get some speed muting

so i tilted the bridge more likeee
\ _____
--------- \ ------ \

instead of

_______
-------------------------
haha if thaty makes sense
but anyway,. long post :| so ya, anyone every do anything like that with a flaoting trem and it improved ur playing?

sowwwwy its so long

That's actually really bad for the bridge - I'm guessing you've tightened the springs so that the trem is resting on the back cavity?

Yup, that's not good at all....balance the bridge back otherwise it'll crap out in no time...I'm assuming it's an Edge 3.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ya its an edge 3, but no like. last time i got it set up, it was like this then when i changed strings it kinda dropped down a little bit so i just let it stsay liek that and now its back to the same way as when i got it setup

and ya a pic would probably help but its not a great difference but its enough that it helps
*waits for the epic screen cap in about a month of "my floating trem rulesssss " and "MY FLOATING TREM IS A ****ING PIECE OF ****"*
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by tallaxegrinder
*waits for the epic screen cap in about a month of "my floating trem rulesssss " and "MY FLOATING TREM IS A ****ING PIECE OF ****"*

wat do u mean
well, im just saying that in about a month, mr. seagull will have been proven right, and like all other kids who made the mistake of buying an ibanez with an edge 3, you will be greatly dismayed.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by tallaxegrinder
well, im just saying that in about a month, mr. seagull will have been proven right, and like all other kids who made the mistake of buying an ibanez with an edge 3, you will be greatly dismayed.

no hes wrong

ok hang on ill get some pics right now since everyone seems to be so confused :S

****edit
as i upolad the pics and read back
i dont mean hes wrong about what hes saying
i mean hes wrtong about his idea youll see when i get the pics but thats not wat im talking about
Last edited by 6-string-yay at Jul 6, 2008,
ok so, see, itslike pretty much perfectly paralell with the body, just liek it sais in the manual and on the FR setup thread on ug

its perfect

but before it was set down a little bit from when i changed my strings and they got tired so ya.. after i brought it back up i could mute better, thats what the threads about

seeeee?? i didnt break anything
Attachments:
trer.JPG
trer2.JPG
.. sorry thats the first time ive ever uploaded a pic on ug i wasnt sure how to pout it right in the post
Quote by tallaxegrinder

my edge III has been fine so far...
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by 6-string-yay
how its suppose to look

and mine is pretty much exactly like that

so.. do you get it

Which is completely the opposite of what you orginally implied, which was that the trem was parallel originally and you angled it back.

So, let's recap...you started a thread to tell us that your trem is perfectly normal?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Which is completely the opposite of what you orginally implied, which was that the trem was parallel originally and you angled it back.

So, let's recap...you started a thread to tell us that your trem is perfectly normal?

hhhahaha no
i started the thread if theres anything else im missing out on that can improve my experience with my edge 3

which i must say has been awesome

but ya.. i couldnt really describe it without pics so there :P