Ok, I have kinda wanted one for a while to solve my planet waves tuner problem (a bzzzzt sound is made when a note is displayed and used in a daisy chain) and just to use for volume swells.

Anyway I was on MF and saw that there is the passive for $99 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-VP-JR.-Passive-Volume-Pedal?sku=152107) and the active for $89 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-VP-Junior-25K-Active-Volume-Pedal-?sku=152108)

I understand that one is for passive pickups and one for active, but if I bought the active one, it would still be usable for passive pickups correct? I know, simple question, but I would just like to know if I'm right or wrong.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've wanted to know this for quite some time too, aswell as this though, do either of them require power and also will it matter if either one was placed after an overdrive?(e.g do i need to get one or the other if i plan on putting it after my overdrive?)
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
I know for a fact they dont need to be powered, they have an entirely passive CURCUIT. so the pedal itself doesnt need any power, its like you are just adding a cable with a potentiometer attatched.

as for the overdrive thing, i think thats all preference. i would say put this either at the very beginning or very end of your signal chain, thats what I plan on doing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The volume pot in each pedal is different. The passive uses a 250k the active pedal uses a 25k. So they arent really interchangable. Just as in a guitar you cant use 250 or 500k pots with EMGs or 25k pots with passive pickups. So its one or the other.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Connecting a tuner to that thing is going to be a major tone sucker. Just sayin'.

Can you explain? Isn't there a tuner out to take it out of the chain?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Can you explain? Isn't there a tuner out to take it out of the chain?

just got back from a 4th of july bash...

anyway, yea, i agree with Bleed...the tuner jack is there so that the tuner is left out of your main chain.

oh, and you guys think i should get it? it should be a useful addition i feel...and i should have the cash in a few days...so, opinions?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, that's exactly what sucks tone. It's NOT "out of the chain".

Doesn't it just have a second output to put the tuner in, so it's not connected in the chain that goes to the amp?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i thought it was until you drop the pedal back all the way?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
TB loop? i probably know what youre talking about, but just never heard of it refered to as a TB...forgive my ignorance
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
TB loop? i probably know what youre talking about, but just never heard of it refered to as a TB...forgive my ignorance

Truebypass loop. It's used to take a pedal out of the chain. Then when you hit the switch it brings the pedal back in.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Truebypass loop. It's used to take a pedal out of the chain. Then when you hit the switch it brings the pedal back in.

dammit, i knew i was going to know what it meant. damn abbreviations. so basically a ABY switch. well i tried making my own, then realized i bought the wrong switch (SPST) i need a 3PDT i think...i just havent gotten around to buying a new switch. damn work.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals