I play a Schecter Classic and its so so trebly and I think its partially due to my strings. I am using DR's right now. What do you recommend?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Why don't you try heavier gauge strings?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
well what do you play? maybe its just the gauge, get a thicker set.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
what kibd of DR's are they? cause i use DR pure blues and they arent trebly at all. They have a really warm smooth sound to them and they feal real nice too
they are 9 gauge
Last edited by howerdstern at Jul 4, 2008,
I play a lot of metalcore stuff in Drop C. Also I think my guitars action is a little off. The action is really low towards the nut and as you go up the fret board it gets a lot higher. I can tell playing it is harder than say my friends PRS thats actions the same all over. I want that but I can't seem to get it. And yes I have done everything you could possibly think of to fix that except for adjusting the truss rod which I am reluctant to do.

What about these strings?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-2215-Nickel-Slinky-Skinny-TopHeavy-Bottom-Electric-Guitar-Strings?sku=100615

Would I need to adjust my rod? My strings now are 10 guage and I think they are called Hi-Beams. And would it be better to get like 12 guage all over or get the Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Well, I think Hi-Beams were meant to be bright, so maybe you should try the Tite-Fits before moving on to EB's...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It's nothing to do with the strings - either change your EQ'ing, adjust the pickup heights, use a different pickup selection or play further away from the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com