Effects as in what? Do you mean chorus, reverb, tremolo etc? Or distortion?

<ost amps do not have built in effects(besides reverb), but most have distortion.

Epiphone Valve Juniors only have one knob, and that is volume, so it will sound like your guitar should sound
Most tube amps don't have on board effects apart from reverb and that's always..turn off...able...my vocabulary fails me right now but you get the idea.

Unless distortion and EQ count as effects now...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Effects as in what? Do you mean chorus, reverb, tremolo etc? Or distortion?

<ost amps do not have built in effects(besides reverb), but most have distortion.

Epiphone Valve Juniors only have one knob, and that is volume, so it will sound like your guitar should sound

oh ok, then, i'll check the epi valve junior
Quote by halvies
only play sound?

No you can get ones that produce images based on the notes you're playing

...anyway most tube amps dont have effects built in....and if you have it on clean it will be your guitar's pure sound
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I'm not flaming, but I'm not sure you entirely understand how amps work. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I didn't have any idea at a time. Anyway, all amps change how your guitar sounds in one way or another. Most of your tone comes from your amp, so there aren't really amps that just project the sound of your guitar (Well, I suppose you could use any standard speaker). While that wouldn't sound horrible, it would sound much better through I nice tube amp. That being said, if you meant just an amp without effects, well, most amps other than most practice amps (or amps designed to have a large array of effects/modeling/what have you) don't. So if you want us to recommend an amp for you, it would be helpful for you to tell us what type of music you play, and how much you are willing to spend.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Last edited by DDoug at Jul 4, 2008,