Page 1 of 2
I don't know if anywhere else in the US bails hay besides the midwest, but I live in Minnesota and I am in the core of farm country. My whole interest started when I was getting frustrated by not getting employed to the fast food places I applied at. I then received a text message from a friend asking if I wanted to go bail hay at $10/hr. I had no idea what this was but I agreed. Now this is the freaking coolest work ever, I have been working for 3 days straight. Todays a day off and I'm longing to go back to the fields Does anyone ever do this? Do you dudes like it? Godbless brahs...

http://loeschfamily.com/images/a2007_rabbits__flowers__hay_bailing_059.jpg

Bailing hay ^
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Oh **** no man...**** no.

You'll go crazy after a while, trust me on that one.
ಥ_ಥ
I hate it. I live in southwest Minnesota. It goes by fast but damn, I have wicked allergies.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I hate it. I live in southwest Minnesota. It goes by fast but damn, I have wicked allergies.

Woah man same, where at?

And it's hard work, I dunno I love it. I've made a ton so far too.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by arsonite
Oh **** no man...**** no.

You'll go crazy after a while, trust me on that one.

Yep, you'll end up stalking 4 guys from Atlanta on a kayaking trip and rape one against a tree whilst asking him to squeel like a pig.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Cryptorchild
Why is it so fun?

I don't think of it as work, I think of it as a game of;

Logic - Stack as many high without falling over. Correct placements, etc.
Speed - Obviously, they come out of the bailer fast.
Strength - Another obvious one, they are 40-50 lbs.

I think I have found my lifelong career.

I troubleshoot websites for $10/hour. Being inside ftw.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I despise it. But if you like it man, more power to yeah.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
I did it for a while and loved it. It's great exercise.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Grr, Xp3ns1v3. Where are you from?

Yeah we do it over in Montana. Not really considered Midwest...well i dont think so. I've always considered it West, but anyways, i've never actually done it, i was to young when my family would do it out at my grandpa's ranch.

Although i did work at FedEx, and it was much of the same thing you described. Logic in stacking, Speed because you have to move all the packages fast to keep up, and Strength with some of the packages up to 150lbs. I liked that job. I wouldnt make a career out of it though, considering they wont let you work full time, unless your a manager and you dont do all that as a manager.

Anyways, yes i like that kind of work!
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by tr3nt
Woah man same, where at?

Around Marshall. Minneota, to be exact.
Tr3nt.

In what great booming city of southwest Minnesota do you reside?
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
From the way you describe, it reminds me of when I used to work at UPS as a loader, stacking boxes super-neat at a near-exhausting speed. I tried to think of it as workout, which it was in a way, but after a while my mind started going numb from the repetition month after month.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Around Marshall. Minneota, to be exact.

**** brah. Lets jam sometime

Quote by Maidenfan066
Tr3nt.

In what great booming city of southwest Minnesota do you reside?

Worthington :O

Quote by Maidenfan066
neato thats not far from me

Where you at?

Ah sweet brah.

I've done that a few times, and I totally and utterly FUCKING DESPISE DEALING WITH THAT FUCKING SHIT!

Might have something to do with that I'm allergic to hay, so I get rashes covering my arms, or any place else that might have touched it, and makes my nose so stuffed that I almost can't breath.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by tr3nt
Ah sweet brah.

indeed

so..uh...catch any good shows lately?! OH HA WAIT! ITS MINNESOTA LOL

Camera Can't Lie is the only decent thing I've seen around here
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Last edited by Maidenfan066 at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Maidenfan066
indeed

so..uh...catch any good shows lately?! OH HA WAIT! ITS MINNESOTA LOL

Camera Can't Lie is the only decent thing I've seen around here

Skillet couple years ago in Worthington :P

Warped tour Shakopee Aug. 3rd!

edit; is there like a decent music scene with the youth in mankato? I want to start looking for some awesome people I can drive pretty soon. :P

Yeah Warped tour would be awesome. I would love to see Protest the Hero but sure enough I won't be able to make it up there =(
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by tr3nt
Skillet couple years ago in Worthington :P

Warped tour Shakopee Aug. 3rd!

edit; is there like a decent music scene with the youth in mankato? I want to start looking for some awesome people I can drive pretty soon. :P

It's actually pretty pathetic. I mean, I hardly ever go to shows here but when I do they aren't anything special.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
But are there lots of individuals that are into guitar, drums, bass, vocals? Theres like 5 here.

Quote by tr3nt
Woah man same, where at?

Ive been cutting hay for 2 weeks now, the onlything keeping me sane is the fact that the tractor had air conditioning, and a good radio that i can plug my MP3 into. Imagine cutting hay at like 5 mph listening to Arch Enemy.

I live in South Dakota, and there is sooooo much clover right now, so i have to go slow or i plug the mower up.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
Ive been cutting hay for 2 weeks now, the onlything keeping me sane is the fact that the tractor had air conditioning, and a good radio that i can plug my MP3 into. Imagine cutting hay at like 5 mph listening to Arch Enemy.

I live in South Dakota, and there is sooooo much clover right now, so i have to go slow or i plug the mower up.

Epic.. haha. I don't drive the tractor though.

Sioux Falls? :P

Quote by tr3nt
But are there lots of individuals that are into guitar, drums, bass, vocals? Theres like 5 here.

oh I gotcha now. Yeah there are actually quite a few.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
epic..

Quote by tr3nt
Epic.. haha. I don't drive the tractor though.

Sioux Falls? :P

Hahahah not even close, I live in Eagle Butte, about 6 hours northwest of SUFU, but im going to be in Vermillion all next week.

Dude, square bailing sucks!!!! Round bails are where its at!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
Hahahah not even close, I live in Eagle Butte, about 6 hours northwest of SUFU, but im going to be in Vermillion all next week.

Dude, square bailing sucks!!!! Round bails are where its at!

Oh dang, haha I'm about 60 miles from Sufu.

I like the square ones

Page 1 of 2