Helloes! I really hope someone is drunk and tears my sanity apart. Anyway, this is what I want to tell you:

I've been thinking of getting my third (second, I don't count my "first" as a guitar anymore.. >.< guitar soon hopefully and I'd like to know if it's possible to get a playable, good sounding, mega imbah, bbq Strat guitar for a DECENT price. I've checked some Fender Japan ones, but OMG, the price tags makes me sad. So.. What kinda of guitar could I get for about.. $500? It's not much.. But I really hope it'll get me somewhere! I'll happily take PMs if you're too shy to post on the forums. (It've happend before, no names. ) Well.. I guess that's all. :P

/7/RR

Ooh!! WAIT!! ;o One question.. The Gibson/Epiphone thing.. Is it the same with Fender/Squier? (Squier? Is that even correct spelled? Is "spelled" even right!? :S )

Cheers!!
Last edited by Rukasu Rindu at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
Helloes! I really hope someone is drunk and tears my sanity apart.

You only get support from me dude.

Go for it... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the squier/fender thing isnt really like epihone/gibson...squiers suck...a mex strat is like the the epiphone..and american strat is liek the gibson
Hi. I'm half-way through a bottle of wine so I'm getting there.

Anyway, I can personally recommend the PRS SE line of guitars (got a PRS SE Custom myself). They should be in your price range, and they're kind of like Strats I guess? Not entirely though.

The Custom has decent pickups, and is built well (mahogany, set neck). When you get more money you can switch out the pickups and you'll have a great guitar (swap the tuners and nut for $50 and you have an amazing guitar )

If you want a guitar to love for years and years I suggest doing this rather than getting a Mexican strat or Squier.
Epiphone is a subsidiary of Gibson, yes, but their quality is vastly superior to that of Squier.

Depending on what you play, I think you should get a Fat Strat with a Floyd Rose.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I love my MIM tele but it came with minor flaws so i would not advice that in the other hand my CIJ mustang is flawless and the neck is just flawless so it just depends what you want, what music you like,money and whish guitar have you test drive

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
A MiM HSS Strat, some Epi's, or a PRS SE. All of those could be viable options around that price range.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Okey okey, I need to get the genre forward in this, I get it. ;o I play things from Metal to Death/Brutal death, but I have my Ibanez covering all that. I want a Strat that have a great shreding sound, if you get what I mean.. Soloing on my Ibanez takes away the soul of some solos.. So I want a Strat OR (Started to think about how STUPID I AM HERE!="#!=#¤=%VSFGV >.< a guitar that's great for all kinds of solos. Sorry for.. Anything, lol. :p

/7/RR
Quote by timi_hendrix
Get a new amp first, it'll make a much bigger difference to your sound.

+1
Definately
I'd recommend a Schechter guitar. They're really great for the price.

I've got a C1-plus for $540 and its about good as my friend's Gibson Les Paul Studio, which costs $1200.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Get a new amp first, it'll make a much bigger difference to your sound.

What amp would you suggest? You know what kind of genre I play. Suggest anything, maximum $500.

/7/RR

Quote by Armanno
I'd recommend a Schechter guitar. They're really great for the price.

I've got a C1-plus for $540 and its about good as my friend's Gibson Les Paul Studio, which costs $1200.

I know that Schecter guitars mostly owns, but the price where I has raised by about 80%, so it's really expensive now.. =/

/7/RR
Last edited by Rukasu Rindu at Jul 4, 2008,
Valve king maybe?

i've also heard that solid state randalls are pretty nice but i'm not sure......haven't played one.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband